Purple Kush Autoflower Help (4th Week)

• Thread starter BBU5150
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BBU5150

BBU5150

Hello everyone! So, this is my first grow and I have 2 autoflowers (Purple Kush) in my 4x4 tent under 1 light (VS4000 LED). Obviously I have been changing my temp and humidity over-time but right now it is at 68 degrees F and the humidity is at 58%. They are each in 5 gallon grow fabric grow pots and the soil in each is Fox Farm Happy Frog, I bought extra perlite and added a decent amount of extra perlite to each pot and mixed it up, don’t ask why, I just thought it would help lol.

Also, I heard that Fox Farm Happy Frog was pretty “hot” and before I even planted the run off PPM I was getting was like 2000 so I flushed each multiple times with low PPM and PH’d water. Anyway, whether that helped or not idk but I don’t believe that really matters because the seedlings sprouted and have looked fine basically up until this point.

As I said my 2 plants basically on the beginning of their 4th week which I believe they are in the vegetative stage still? During both plants 2nd week I believe I found out I had been watering way to much and my plants were looking terrible. So I restrained myself and didn’t water for like 3 days and they started looking great again.

However, after they started looking good again I’ve just been doing some light watering in each trying to keep them both looking good, did not give any nutes up to this point.

The nutrients I have are the basic liquid Fox Farm bottles of Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom. A few days ago which would have been right at the end of their third week -ish, I finally started reading my nutrient bottles and noticed I could maybe finally introduce some Big Bloom and water with it. I can’t remember what the bottle called for but I only did 1 tbsp per 1 gallon of water, and I used a 3 gallon watering can so 3 tbsp of Big Bloom, it was a fraction of what the bottle called for so I thought it would be ok.

Anyway I hadn’t done a good water for a few days so I had that nutrient mixture on my watering can and I water each with the nutrients until I saw some good runoff in both and called it good. However, now each plant is looking a little worse for wear. I have 3 images attached.

1st Image: First plant

2nd Image: First plant up close and seems to have something spreading?

3rd Image: My second plant, doesn’t have any yellow spots but still looks bad.

I’ve been at a crossroads on what to do, they have looked like this for days, and I can’t make up my mind.

Did I supply too many nutrients? No way I wouldn’t think, but maybe.

Did I just way over-water them again? Probably, wouldn’t be surprised.

So I basically just have been doing anything to them for about 3 or 4 days now since that nutrient water day. What should I do? What are the yellow spots on one of my plants?

Let me know if any other info is needed, and I greatly appreciate any help!

Purple kush autoflower help 4th week
Purple kush autoflower help 4th week 2
Purple kush autoflower help 4th week 3

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
for starters i think they are hungry. You should also follow the FoxFarm nutrition's schedule. Since you washed out the soil, you lost a lot of nutrients, you also added perlite and are running in fiber pots. I think your water retention is very low and for that reason you have to water more often. Always check the bottom of the fiber pot and see how moist it is and then decide to water or not. You don't want it dry but a bit moist. 20% moist is good time to feed the plant again. When the plants root grows this is going to need more water. However, the good part is that you never overwater your plant. 🤣

BBU5150

BBU5150

for starters i think they are hungry. You should also follow the FoxFarm nutrition's schedule. Since you washed out the soil, you lost a lot of nutrients, you also added perlite and are running in fiber pots. I think your water retention is very low and for that reason you have to water more often. Always check the bottom of the fiber pot and see how moist it is and then decide to water or not. You don't want it dry but a bit moist. 20% moist is good time to feed the plant again. When the plants root grows this is going to need more water. However, the good part is that you never overwater your plant. 🤣
I appreciate the reply. I’ve been checking back here and looking at my plants just now and I actually decided to touch the leaves and they felt dry, so I’m also beginning to think maybe I was backwards and they need more water. Never would have thought so but it makes sense now!

Does that also explain the yellow spots forming all over one of my plants though?

Top Bottom