Purple leaves and stems stunned plants at week 4 flowering

• Thread starter rockcube69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rockcube69

rockcube69

i noticed im getting purple yellow leaves at my tops a bit of slow growth also super purple stems all over, could be cal or mag issue or lock out? in coco ph feed at 5.7-6.2 feeding twice a day till runoff

Purple leaves and stems stunned plants at week 4 flowering

rockcube69

rockcube69

im using tap water starting at 300 ppm should i be adding less cal mag or am i adding to much?

SSgrower

SSgrower

ML of dose as to CalMag?? I water 3-4 times a day 1/3 gal per plant. 4-5 ML Botnicare calmag plus. @Aquaman may drop by. To be clear, My total water usage is 1 1/2 gal daily, the calmag is my 1st. stir in as I pour my nutrients in the water and stir, every nute is stirred in seperately in a certain order.

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

What are your day and night temps? It could have something to do with either a big swing from day to night or possibly overall low temps

rockcube69

rockcube69

What are your day and night temps? It could have something to do with either a big swing from day to night or possibly overall low temps
day temps max 78 nights temps min 69 logged on my govee meter hung on top of the canopy

rockcube69

rockcube69

ML of dose as to CalMag?? I water 3-4 times a day 1/3 gal per plant. 4-5 ML Botnicare calmag plus. @Aquaman may drop by. To be clear, My total water usage is 1 1/2 gal daily, the calmag is my 1st. stir in as I pour my nutrients in the water and stir, every nute is stirred in seperately in a certain order.
currently only using 2 ml cal mag, to my 55 gall res cali magic, yup i do my SI rhino skin first, then cal mag, next gh 3 part, etc......

rockcube69

rockcube69

bump anyone else have any clues? could this be a phosphorus deficiency or a lock of it? i had lollipop my lower leafs so its kinda of hard to tell if its started from the bottom then moved up.

rockcube69

rockcube69

also anyone know what cause purple stems on the stocks seems to happen to the strain and plants in my garden could it be not enough mag?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's fine... you have a fair amount of light stress and assuming your on flower nutes less nitrogen. The purple leaves are anthocyanin and this is common in strains that have some color expression (I'll link the couple pics of the same plants progression) cooler temps really help the colors pop in late flower and anthocyanins do better in cooler temps. Slight P deficiency but to late to fix now.

Can you check the leaf temps? Both day and night could prob use a tiny bump up.

Maybe bump the nitrogen ratio up a bit for the next week or 2 to slow that fade a bit.

Your hitting em hard with light bit so far they are handling it OK....just keep an eye on it.

20200820 124806
20200820 224014
20200823 141758
20200824 150608
20200905 173200
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also those aren't stunted they are just done stretching... they look pretty much on track

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No cal mag needed in flowering Aqua ?
Well 300ppm tap screams about 150+ppm of calcium carbonate... if anything just add 1-2g per gal of mag sulfate to balance the cal mag ratio.

After stretch you can cut back on cal mag and after swelling you can stop.

Just my opinion.

TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

I'm in 5 gal. pots, coco/worm casts/fish soil/lots of perlite mix and I water 4-5 times/day about a 1/4 gallon each feed. Half to full strength on main nutes, depends how the girls look but full dose calmag daily, in my case I use Green Planet nutes, Pro Cal calls for 4.5ml/gal. Drain to waste waste..10-20% run-off. PH 6.2-6.4. I sometimes throw 1tbsp./gal. molasses to help with micro-organism in soil, half strength on bottled nutes if I add molasses. Everything looks so awesome in here..

Seems to me your ppm's are a bit high, 800-900 max in coco. You're feeding at 1000ppm amd you're getting 1100ppm at run-off? Means you're actually picking up nutes in your soil, should be opposite...ppm should be down from your in feed, indicating your plants are actually feeding.

rockcube69

rockcube69

Well 300ppm tap screams about 150+ppm of calcium carbonate... if anything just add 1-2g per gal of mag sulfate to balance the cal mag ratio.

After stretch you can cut back on cal mag and after swelling you can stop.

Just my opinion.
thanks for the reply, i looked up my tap water analysis its ph 8.1 cal 19 mag 12 average numbers that analysis is hard to read lol. so is that enough cal mag in my water?

Top Bottom