Purple Leaves Near The Base Of Bud ?!?

• Thread starter Godinz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Godinz

Hello all, its my first time trying to grow.
My baby is in a 5 gallon pot outside with live compost and good soil.
It started flowering maybe a week ago ? I gave 2.5 ml of floranova bloom (all in one) / gallon 2 days ago.

I went outside earlier and found that at the bottom of one single bud of the whole plant there purple at the base of the leaves surrounding it. What could be the problem ? Rot ? Mold ? Nuts defiancy ? Cold ?

Last night it was pretty cold...around 15 celsius which never happend since the begining of summer.

Thanks for helping

Purple leaves near the base of bud
Purple leaves near the base of bud 2
O

olive

I'm in Maine and have this exact same problem. Some plants get it very bad and the little buds are covered in purple. I've narrowed it down to a phosphorus deficiency due to root lock out from weather stress-getting cold at night. I brought them out of it by flushing with water, then put the Bloom nutes on as heavy as you dare for a few days. I also use a very light mix of nutes in my daily watering at 1 gal/day, then water if still dry. The purple doesn't hurt end quality but looks bad.

SatansTaint

SatansTaint

I'm in Maine and have this exact same problem. Some plants get it very bad and the little buds are covered in purple. I've narrowed it down to a phosphorus deficiency due to root lock out from weather stress-getting cold at night. I brought them out of it by flushing with water, then put the Bloom nutes on as heavy as you dare for a few days. I also use a very light mix of nutes in my daily watering at 1 gal/day, then water if still dry. The purple doesn't hurt end quality but looks bad.

Everything you said is wrong, except maybe that you live in Maine. Don't give advice if you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about

Dunge

Dunge

Everything you said is wrong, except maybe that you live in Maine. Don't give advice if you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about
A bit harsh for THCfarmer.
I haven't bothered to try to figure it out, because science is hard and expensive.
It seems to be cold related and has never presented as a problem for me.
I would like olive to qualify the results with statements about the logic behind the response and data on un-treated plants having a different response.
As it stands, I agree that the evidence is thin, but I'd like to hear how the conclusion was arrived at.

O

olive

I can see this is not the place for me. My plants were analyzed by multiple consultants and all agreed on the diagnosis and treatment. Since the plants came out of it using the extra bloom nutes and doing what I'm doing, I guess it's what I'll keep on doing! Your nasty response, however, is enough to deter any more input or interest from this grower.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I can see this is not the place for me. My plants were analyzed by multiple consultants and all agreed on the diagnosis and treatment. Since the plants came out of it using the extra bloom nutes and doing what I'm doing, I guess it's what I'll keep on doing! Your nasty response, however, is enough to deter any more input or interest from this grower.

If you are a kind person who wants to learn and to share knowledge with other similar people, then this forum is just the place for you. You were received quite harshly on your first post, quite unfortunate but also pretty rare here.

BudBogart

BudBogart

A bit harsh for THCfarmer.
I haven't bothered to try to figure it out, because science is hard and expensive.
It seems to be cold related and has never presented as a problem for me.
I would like olive to qualify the results with statements about the logic behind the response and data on un-treated plants having a different response.
As it stands, I agree that the evidence is thin, but I'd like to hear how the conclusion was arrived at.

I totally agree.
I thought it was universally understood that cold brings out the purple colors in cannabis. I grow outdoors in the mountains. When the nights turn cold the plants some plants turn purple, to one degree or another. I've read the science behind it, can't remember shit, but the fact some turn purple in the cold is beyond debate, right? Some people prefer purple bud above all others.

Hydro head

Hydro head

I have a strain that goes a little purple when night temps drop as a few strains do it, thought most growers that have enough experience would no this, don't no y Satanstaint is answering like this, thought this forum was to help 1 another when possible.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Could be that the purple showing from cold weather is the result of a deficiency of some sort, and I remember a while back reading something about the same purple on stems caused by lack of phosphorus. So maybe there is a connection.
Don't let somebodies uncalled for reply to keep you from this forum. He probably has no friends...mmm wonder why?
This is a good place to learn and also put your "Opinion" people don't realize its just that.

stems...leaves????
There was another article stating a Magnesium deficiency is the cause...

Welcome to the Farm...

Last edited:
KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Getting chili at night, perfectly fine! Cool temps brings better smell, taste and appearance!

jipp

jipp

ill say genetics. no purple petioles. they turn purple for me with the a/c on.
if it was from cold, it start there first right?

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Strain characteristic plays a roll, your strain may have a little white strain characteristic so that will make for pretty buds. I got THC Bomb and she's got a little of a white strain characteristic in her from somewhere down the line in her gene pool and she's got purple leave stems. I encourage it with cool temps no matter what strain I grow, my girls never see over 72 day temps and about 10 degrees cooler at night and I keep dropping the temps as bloom gets close to harvest, by harvest my girls are seeing 48 degree nights and brings out the beauty. I'm 29 days bloom today and all my leaf stems are purple, here's a look but might be hard to tell
20170918 164515

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Hello all, its my first time trying to grow.
My baby is in a 5 gallon pot outside with live compost and good soil.
It started flowering maybe a week ago ? I gave 2.5 ml of floranova bloom (all in one) / gallon 2 days ago.

I went outside earlier and found that at the bottom of one single bud of the whole plant there purple at the base of the leaves surrounding it. What could be the problem ? Rot ? Mold ? Nuts defiancy ? Cold ?

Last night it was pretty cold...around 15 celsius which never happend since the begining of summer.

Thanks for helping

Ha nothing wrong w a lil purps lol what type of strain is it could b genetic but also cold temps will do that to your buds sometimes

G

Godinz

it's sensi star strain...

She's doing good right now other than fan leafs are starting to yellow, pulled some off.
Buds are starting to grow and somewhat "heavy".

I think she will be good for harvest early october

Top Bottom