• Tagged users None
lyonsp123

lyonsp123

Purple leaves
Purple leaves 2
Purple leaves 3
Purple leaves 4
Yeah another purple leaves question.
Watering around 6.0 @500 with roots organic vege stuff, nectar soil, was under LED just switched to Mh today. The bigger is a re-vege and the smaller from seed. Thinking two different problems here, maybe the same?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Could be colder temps for sure. Cold (and stress) can lead to a buildup of anthocyanins. What's the room temp?
That also looks like it could be a phosphorus deficiency, either from a lockout from ph or mineral binding.. I'd do a slurry test and see what the ppm and EC is in the soil..

lyonsp123

lyonsp123

Could be colder temps for sure. Cold (and stress) can lead to a buildup of anthocyanins. What's the room temp?
That also looks like it could be a phosphorus deficiency, either from a lockout from ph or mineral binding.. I'd do a slurry test and see what the ppm and EC is in the soil..

lyonsp123

lyonsp123

Room temps steady around 73-77, soil probe reads about 7.0-7.5 (not super accurate). I’ve been adding some
Cal mag because of the filtered tap water I’m using. Not sure this has any effect was told if probably shouldnt hurt. I’m guessing ph lockout affecting phosphorus, meaning pH has to probably come down, but I don’t want to water any less than 6.0, unless advised. Thanks

Kepp89

Kepp89

I could be wrong but 7.0 and 7.5 are pretty different. A 1.0 ph jump in whichever direction is 10x more acidic or alkaline. And I hear that unless you use the expensive soil tester ($120) then the soil slurry is what you want to do. More accuracy = make accurate adjustments = better, happier plant.

The soil slurry should really be done. You probably have a scale or something to measure things. I weigh 40 grams of soil from the pot (few grabs from various locations) then 80 grams of distilled water (7.0 ph) so it’s a 1:2 ratio of soil to water.

Mix the water and soil vigorously for a minute at least and let it sit for at least 15 minutes for a more accurate reading. I think the longer it sits, the more accurate your reading will be. I like to use a fork to break up soil chunks and stab at it to make sure it’s well broken up.

Back when I had 7.4 slurry I was advised to use 5.5-6.0 for a few weeks by one of the usual suspects around here.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
In this case I’d flush the soil with ph 6.0 water until you get to about 6.4-6.5. Hit it with some high P bloom fert with some added epsom salt (1/4-1/2 tsp) on the final flush. Let it dry out and then feed it normally.

You will want to ph your solution to 6.0-6.5 from here on out.

They like a little higher ph in bloom (flowering) and a little more acidic in veg. I hang out in the 6.0-6.5 range the entire grow.

Phylex

Phylex

In this case I’d flush the soil with ph 6.0 water until you get to about 6.4-6.5. Hit it with some high P bloom fert with some added epsom salt (1/4-1/2 tsp) on the final flush. Let it dry out and then feed it normally.

You will want to ph your solution to 6.0-6.5 from here on out.

They like a little higher ph in bloom (flowering) and a little more acidic in veg. I hang out in the 6.0-6.5 range the entire grow.
Yup, 6.2 has been my sweet spot and what has worked for me

Top Bottom