Purple Spotting On Leaves

• Thread starter NHWhites
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NHWhites

NHWhites

Purple spotting on leaves
Purple spotting on leaves 2
I noticed a little inch worm on one of my buds and I'm now seeing purple spots on some fan leaves. The night time temps have been cooler and this plant did have pink and purple pistils early on. Is the purpling and spotting due to the temps or have one of those little fuckers gotten inside my bud and started to ruin it? Thanks in advance for any insight

Strangeone

Strangeone

View attachment 743778 View attachment 743779 I noticed a little inch worm on one of my buds and I'm now seeing purple spots on some fan leaves. The night time temps have been cooler and this plant did have pink and purple pistils early on. Is the purpling and spotting due to the temps or have one of those little fuckers gotten inside my bud and started to ruin it? Thanks in advance for any insight
Check your plant good, cause normally where there is one cattapiller there's alot more, I just pulled 16 of them off my plants the other day, you'll know if you have a lot of them you'll see your leaves getting eaton...you might want to scope the underside of that Leif for other bugs as well.

BudBogart

BudBogart

First off, I don't know what caused it, a guess would be real small bug ate layer off leaf, purple looks normal for temperature on leaf, the purple around chew marks could be leaf more subject to cold around the wound.
The important thing is that this far into the season my eye is on the buds, and I can't see anything odd? as long as they scope clean I give little concern about the fan leaves at this point. Unless you can find damage on the bud itself, usually a brown spot, I wouldn't worry. Hope this helps.

NHWhites

NHWhites

I've been finding caterpillars on both plants along with some rot. I'm trying to stay vigilant. I have an oak tree which is likely where they're coming from. The end is stressful...

BudBogart

BudBogart

I've been finding caterpillars on both plants along with some rot. I'm trying to stay vigilant. I have an oak tree which is likely where they're coming from. The end is stressful...
Oh, I feel for you, fellow farmer. I live in an oak, pine, cedar forest. They come out of the trees on tiny webs, helping them float off to new grounds. When they very first land they are whitish, very skinny and attached to the plant vertically, like nose first. I picked off more cats when landing than I found during trimming. Just keep a sharp eye. Best of luck.

Madbud

Madbud

View attachment 743778 View attachment 743779 I noticed a little inch worm on one of my buds and I'm now seeing purple spots on some fan leaves. The night time temps have been cooler and this plant did have pink and purple pistils early on. Is the purpling and spotting due to the temps or have one of those little fuckers gotten inside my bud and started to ruin it? Thanks in advance for any insight
Bird crap?

Latest posts

Top Bottom