Purple Stems and Deep Dark Green Leaves

• Thread starter hotrod717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hotrod717

hotrod717

Hello all. Hoping everyone is having a fantastic day.
Question - What type or strains of cannabis exhibit purple stems?
Can this be traced to a specific region or origin?
I had grown a strain years ago that had extremely dark green leaves and purplish stems and was wondering if this was genetic and specific to a type of strain or region? With so many hybrids there are probably all different current types that many exhibit some of this, but can it be traced to a landrace?
TIA.

BigCube

BigCube

No. All strains are mixed. It would be an indica trait. But every strain we have now is a mix. So it doesn't matter.

Dark leaves and purple stems could be a sign of excess calmag.

hotrod717

hotrod717

Appreciate your response. No it was organic mix and no calmag being used.
This was in early 1993 and legalization, mail order seeds, and the like were no were in sight.
NL, Big Bud, Skunk, Blueberry, ect. were the predominant strains of the day.
No doubt it was a mix, but looking for info specific to these type of characteristics from someone who may think of a strain something along these lines. I'll try and find a poleroid to scan and upload. Lol.
Also even though there are mixed strains, some phenos will present some distinctive characteristics of its lineage or region, or parentage.

Freaky75

Freaky75

I've just had my kritical Bilbo turn purple over the past two nights . The cause was low night time temps . Down to 15 c . Lower temps can turn some strains purple. It's not mag deficiency .

hotrod717

hotrod717

Temps definitely contribute. What I am looking at is purple stems and deep green/purple leaves normal conditions and not an effect of environment or care. Hence strain type.
I'be always grown naturally with little to no fertilization other than natural amendments during the soil mix, worm castings, manure, blood meal, ect., ect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom