Purple stems from genetics or bigger problems?

• Thread starter Southernuncle21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
strider26554

strider26554

If I can find genuine seeds from the same or very similar genetics of the super skunk from the '70s and '80s and '90s, I will definitely let you know. I was born in the mid-80s and I didn't start discovering cannabis until the 2000s. So having a comparison of what skunk was originally to what skunk was when I came up to what skunky is today. I'm unsure. I do have a couple of older hippie friends from the error skunk was popular in. They might be able to let me know if it's true skunk or not. But if I am able to find the skunk genetics and it's very similar or the same as the original skunk, I will definitely let you know where to get the seeds.
i grow a very old school skunk strain, and i did grow back in the early eighties when skunk was king, the strain i am growing now definitely competes with the strongest of skunks i used to grow. the smell and aroma changes throughout the grow but it is unmistakable.. and can be almost overwhelming at times. these plants have VRY purple stems that seem to begin very early in the plants growth. the clones i cut this year had purple out of th gate. and i only cut from the best queens i have and only when they are at the peak of health. but the skunk strain is not the only indica strain that displays this trait, and in fact some sativa strains also have pronounced purpling.

AirHammer

AirHammer

i grow a very old school skunk strain, and i did grow back in the early eighties when skunk was king, the strain i am growing now definitely competes with the strongest of skunks i used to grow. the smell and aroma changes throughout the grow but it is unmistakable.. and can be almost overwhelming at times. these plants have VRY purple stems that seem to begin very early in the plants growth. the clones i cut this year had purple out of th gate. and i only cut from the best queens i have and only when they are at the peak of health. but the skunk strain is not the only indica strain that displays this trait, and in fact some sativa strains also have pronounced purpling.
that sounds like stuff I get, no glorified marketing and it smells like day old cat pee, yes quite bad. but the buzz euphoric and high af. Im out and sometimes I catch myself smiling just cause it feels good.

when you try the good skunk stuff you'll always go back to it =)

AirHammer

AirHammer

Nice to hang out in the purps club with you all this year 😁

the long tall mama in my garden is showing more and more purple. Ive a feeling it will carry on through the buds later on.