Purple Train Wreck, Wrecked? WEEK 4

• Thread starter codylee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

codylee

Hey guys!

This is my second time giving growing a grow. I feel like I am doing this one a bit better but am running into problems again.

I'm attaching the pics of the back of the fox farm for easy access.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil

RO Water PH 6.0 (after neuts and adjustment)

PPM runoff is around 1900 from my last watering. 1 gallon of water 5 tsp of calmag listed blow. (seemed to have promoted some growth from a 3 days stall)

I have been basically following the fox farm schedule (also listed below) with 1 gallon of water each feeding

I am hoping you guys can give me an idea of how I should go about feeding them from here on out going into flower over the next 24 hours. The soil is almost completely dry.

Help!! I really don't want to lose this one :(

Let me know if you guys need anymore information (I have it all saved on a calender)

Purple train wreck wrecked week 4
Purple train wreck wrecked week 4 2
Purple train wreck wrecked week 4 3
Purple train wreck wrecked week 4 4
Purple train wreck wrecked week 4 5
Purple train wreck wrecked week 4 6
Purple train wreck wrecked week 4 7
Purple train wreck wrecked week 4 8
Fox soil chartjpg
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey guys!

This is my second time giving growing a grow. I feel like I am doing this one a bit better but am running into problems again.

I'm attaching the pics of the back of the fox farm for easy access.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil

RO Water PH 6.0 (after neuts and adjustment)

PPM runoff is around 1900 from my last watering. 1 gallon of water 5 tsp of calmag listed blow. (seemed to have promoted some growth from a 3 days stall)

I have been basically following the fox farm schedule (also listed below) with 1 gallon of water each feeding

I am hoping you guys can give me an idea of how I should go about feeding them from here on out going into flower over the next 24 hours. The soil is almost completely dry.

Help!! I really don't want to lose this one :(

Let me know if you guys need anymore information (I have it all saved on a calender)
too much cal mag for one,second feed at 6.5,third how old are the plants?i dont even feed them in ocean for the first month,and what ever fox recommend ditch it,they are in bussiness to sell product,feed at 1/4 strength and work your way up,maybe this help you,i grow in ocean and used there products i never even got too there suggest feeds,id go a whole grow with just half what they recommend,another thing,the basic trio is all you need all that other crap is useless and lead you to more problems,dont let no one tell you difrent ocean forest is great soil,i sure dont get were they cliam it too hot,guess when you force feed plants you have to deal with it and easier to blame the soil

C

codylee

too much cal mag for one,second feed at 6.5,third how old are the plants?i dont even feed them in ocean for the first month,and what ever fox recommend ditch it,they are in bussiness to sell product,feed at 1/4 strength and work your way up,maybe this help you,i grow in ocean and used there products i never even got too there suggest feeds,id go a whole grow with just half what they recommend,another thing,the basic trio is all you need all that other crap is useless and lead you to more problems,dont let no one tell you difrent ocean forest is great soil,i sure dont get were they cliam it too hot,guess when you force feed plants you have to deal with it and easier to blame the soil

Thanks for your comment! This is Week 4 atm

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks for your comment! This is Week 4 atm
4 weeks in ocean is about right to start feeding,drop to 1/4 strength and dont use cal mag unless you need to,plant needs more mag more than calcium,they dont uptake much as you think,but mag they do,i use potash and do away with all that,next grow just amend what you have,i mix 1 tbsp of 0-46-0 phosphrus,1 1/2 tbsp of baysalt,1 tbsp of potash in 18 gal totes works all the way threw,if im outdoors they dont really need anything else ,well until we reach triple digits,the potash helps the plant standup and gets all it needs for sulfur iron and all the other good stuff,most folks just think they need a drink when it really needs cooked soil with the right stuff in it,i dont even worry about nitrogen,i can top dress it and scratch in,not much either,the potash bring green leaves also,just curious what your tap water is,mine is hard very hard but my soil mix buffers that,plant also need a small amount of clorine too,just a tad,that why im asking about your tap water,ro water is fine but takes away a lot of what a plant needs too,growing in anything other than soil yes ro is best,in my opinion not soil though

C

codylee

4 weeks in ocean is about right to start feeding,drop to 1/4 strength and dont use cal mag unless you need to,plant needs more mag more than calcium,they dont uptake much as you think,but mag they do,i use potash and do away with all that,next grow just amend what you have,i mix 1 tbsp of 0-46-0 phosphrus,1 1/2 tbsp of baysalt,1 tbsp of potash in 18 gal totes works all the way threw,if im outdoors they dont really need anything else ,well until we reach triple digits,the potash helps the plant standup and gets all it needs for sulfur iron and all the other good stuff,most folks just think they need a drink when it really needs cooked soil with the right stuff in it,i dont even worry about nitrogen,i can top dress it and scratch in,not much either,the potash bring green leaves also,just curious what your tap water is,mine is hard very hard but my soil mix buffers that,plant also need a small amount of clorine too,just a tad,that why im asking about your tap water,ro water is fine but takes away a lot of what a plant needs too,growing in anything other than soil yes ro is best,in my opinion not soil though

So let me get this straight

I should drop my RO water for city water, my ppm is 200 in my city water and ph is around 7.8
I should adjust my ph to 6.5
I should drop calmag entirely because switching to city water will have calcium in it
I should cut my feeding to 1/4 instead of following the soil directions for fox farm
???

I was gonna shut off the lights tonight for 24 hours to flip them, should I flush or feed them before flipping or does it matter too much?

visajoe1

visajoe1

I should drop my RO water for city water, my ppm is 200 in my city water and ph is around 7.8
I should drop calmag entirely because switching to city water will have calcium in it
I should cut my feeding to 1/4 instead of following the soil directions for fox farm
???

yes

I was gonna shut off the lights tonight for 24 hours to flip them, should I flush or feed them before flipping or does it matter too much?

no. just flip

R

Ron B

WHAT THEY SAID....JUST FLIP....NO NEED FOR 24 HOUR DARKNESS UNTIL TIME TO HARVEST, THEN KILL LIGHTS FOR 48 HOURS PRIOR TO HARVEST !

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

???

yes,200 isnt that bad,7.8 is drop the ending product to 6.5,when you flip then start your bloom nutes at 1/4 and work your way up,7.8 ph is got something in it so there will be the cal you desire,when i flip and stretch starts,i feed veg nutes first week of flip then start the bloom nutes,i also daily do the back of hand tip were i can keep my light low and slow the stretch,do not flush soil friend not at all,you cant,it just turns to mud and compact the soil washing every thing out even the perlite everyone insist on turns to rock like shit,if you have a problem later down road with salt build up best thing to do is feed them humic fulvic and wait,takes 3 days to get full effect of any feed you put in and notice if the new growth is fine,in soil a flush means just feed water to end the cycle before harvest,when you tric's are were you want them start feeding nothing but water and let plant scavage itself,leaves will yellow and die fall off and stuff,it is eating all nutes from the plant

Last edited:
D

Destraega

Hey =)

Just wanted you guys to look at my plants for week 6 and tell me I'm headed in the right direction here.

From those pictures before to these pictures at week 6 I feel like I'm properly feeding now.

Basically what I did was flush the system, switch to my city water at 200ppm (fixing calcium issue without calmag) and fed at half of what I was at a ph of 5.8

So.. How they looking pro growers?

IMG 1982
IMG 1981
IMG 1980
IMG 1979
IMG 1978
IMG 1977
IMG 1975
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hey =)

Just wanted you guys to look at my plants for week 6 and tell me I'm headed in the right direction here.

From those pictures before to these pictures at week 6 I feel like I'm properly feeding now.

Basically what I did was flush the system, switch to my city water at 200ppm (fixing calcium issue without calmag) and fed at half of what I was at a ph of 5.8

So.. How they looking pro growers?
Looks like the farmers set you into the right track! Great progress! Shows that time will set things right if you have a good set of instructions! Cheers and waiting on progress pics as u get along.

Latest posts

Top Bottom