Purple Urkel seeded by a herm

• Thread starter JohnWaynesTeeth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JohnWaynesTeeth

i recently obtained a seeded batch of purple urkel from N.Cal. apparantly one of the plants hermed out and seeded some of the crop, so its not self seeded but it is herm seeded. I dont have much experience dealing with with herms at all so i'm worried that the seeds themselves will be herms or at least be geneticly inferior. Just started week 2 of 12 and 12 and all looks good so far. Can anyone offer any insight or a game plan for if it does herm out. just trying not to loose these awesome genetics.

K

kimburns

hey john im a newbie but from my readings and understanding if they are herms fertilized, all offspring will be female and herms as well. try to avoid them pollinating your other plants for that reason. hope that helps

mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

my family has been growing erkle for about 10yrs now and ive never heard of a hermi seed. most likely another strain, seeds should be fine tho good luck

Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

Not worth the risk bro.
The probabilities of the offspring carrying the hermie trait are significantly higher when a bud is pollinated by a hermie plant rather than a true male pollen.
If you have the space to grow them isolated from the rest of your crop, then sure go at it ;but if its with the rest of your garden you are dancing with the devil and may get burnt.

R

Rolln J

if you got it from nor cal and its legit purple urkle, and it is from self produced feminised stressed pollen you will have all female seeds, likely to be purple urkle s1, if there was another strain in the room it is likely a bomb strain b/c who grows purple urkle and also grows junk, and if it was another strain that stressed produced the nanner and impregnated your urkle then you will have a feminised f1 cross of ? x purple urkle either way, id try em out, if not indoors definitly outdoors, SHUT THE FUCK UP FUCK ALEX RODRIGEZ AND THE MOTHER FUCKEN YANKEES THEY CAN ALl GO BLOW EACH OTHER THOSE COCK SUCKING WANKERS!! STERIOD POPPIN DUMB SON OF A BITCH, sorry FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK MOTHER FUCKING DAMN SON OF A PRoSTItute and a goat,

lol thx alot bud - now Im cleaning coffee off my monitio!

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

i appriciate all the insight. i will say i trust the source and i know for a fact that what i smoked was legit purple urkel. so far so good with the 1st plant so i started 6 more seeds today. I was kinda hopeing for a male to cross but if all the seeds i have turn out to be female i sure as hell wont complain.

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

Yeah a mentor of mine suggested that if the plant did herm that i could take the pollen and use that to seed but i'm definatly taking your advice and not using them to breed at all.

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

So far So good. It's close to week 6 and no signs of herming yet. they're was one internod on the bottom that didn't bud but i just pulled it off along with a few air buds. The plant itself if dank, covered in resin...looks like someone through a handful of suger on the buds and even leaves. Its also starting to turn purple wich is something i've never witnessed before seeing as this is the 1st purp strain i've grown. I heard that a cold water flush was the way to go 7 days before harvest so i think i'll try that and see what the results are like..I'll definatly post some pics as soon as i can.

B

bicycle racer

i have grown ogs and other clone onlys from seeds found in bags which were no doubt from a stress situation in my experience they grew out fine and did not herm. so grow them out breeding with them could be tricky but to grow for smoke why not or you could take a clone off one.

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

I think i'm just going to re veg this one and then take some clones

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

well just put a plant into flower a little over a week ago and this is what she looks like. any urkel growers wanna put there two cents in, i know the pix r kind shitty but anything u think u guys could tell me based on the pics would be much appricated.
IMG00054.jpg
IMG00053.jpg
IMG00052.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom