Purple Urkle 1 gal pots

• Thread starter PuraWeeda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PuraWeeda

PuraWeeda

I am growing 36 x Purple Urkle clones flowered after 2 weeks veg in gallon pots with 50/50 coco/perlite under various LED lights (actual pull around 1000 w) with general hydro nutes small feeds twice daily hand water pH 5.6-6.0 at about 1000 ppm. Between 75 and 80 degrees F and between 55% and 60% humidity. This is a photo of day 1. Flip day. All clones more or less 1 ft tall.
Purple urkle 1 gal pots

PuraWeeda

PuraWeeda

What kind of yield are you expecting? I'm curious as I let mine grow for about 7-8 weeks before flowering and they get pretty big. How big do you expect these to get with this process? Things look good, I'd like to see what kind of buds and size come out of this method. Please keep us posted.

You can see the plants on the right are almost through week 4. The 9 shorter plants up front show what this new round should look like in 3-4 weeks. The 3 tall plants are moms I am flowering out. Kept 1 mom. With these 36 I'd hope to see about 20 grams per plant.
IMG 20190623 222332 021

Last edited:
PuraWeeda

PuraWeeda

Day 21 with heavy defoliation. Started adding a bit more sugars (molasses). Things seem to be moving along nicely. Bud sites swelling up. Looking like a 15 g/plant kinda round based on my experience. You never know but everything is looking fine for the moment.
IMG 20190713 085923
IMG 20190711 135744

Dan789

Dan789

You can see the plants on the right are almost through week 4. The 9 shorter plants up front show what this new round should look like in 3-4 weeks. The 3 tall plants are moms I am flowering out. Kept 1 mom. With these 36 I'd hope to see about 20 grams per plant. View attachment 877624
Sorry to complain, but how about just normal light shots...we’ll all get more details out of what your trying to convey, with the bluples it’s just red and hard to see anything...

PuraWeeda

PuraWeeda

Thanks for the reply. I don't have "normal lights". This was a response to another member regarding his question on my expected yields. I've conveyed that clearly through dialogue and was showing the expected height of the plants in the picture so the lighting shouldn't really matter. Sorry to complain but I don't understand what you're talking about.

Dan789

Dan789

Just taking the pictures under normal lighting, at lights out, use a flash. We all get it your using what lighting you’ve got for growing your plants, Thanks

PuraWeeda

PuraWeeda

Just taking the pictures under normal lighting, at lights out, use a flash. We all get it your using what lighting you’ve got for growing your plants, Thanks

I'd like to kindly direct you to the photo with a flash during lights off in my post from yesterday. It totally conveys. I'm not really here for help on this one just sharing. Besides, nothing really to show until yesterday after the 3 week leaf strip revealing bud sites. Hence the lights off flash on photo I had up before you didn't mean to complain. More to follow...

Dan789

Dan789

I'd like to kindly direct you to the photo with a flash during lights off in my post from yesterday. It totally conveys. I'm not really here for help on this one just sharing. Besides, nothing really to show until yesterday after the 3 week leaf strip revealing bud sites. Hence the lights off flash on photo I had up before you didn't mean to complain. More to follow...
Reading you loud and clear, good luck going forward.

PuraWeeda

PuraWeeda

Coming into week six. This should be a decent round. Adding some Big Swell and KoolBloom powder. Juicing them up with 3 micro feeds for breakfast lunch and dinner. Plenty of runoff. One thing I will say is with all the feeds and keeping the media wet at all times with no dry cycle has produced some green algae but as the canopy filled in and blocked the light it went away.
IMG 20190731 133152 629

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Time. Plus I'm growing in coco with micro feeds twice/day everyday in root bound pots. They stay wet so no salt build up and lots of oxygen. The yield on these is pretty incredible with this method. They usually stretch to about 2.5 ft. and yield between 15-20g per plant.
Nice, following along! That's about what I yielded when I grew sea of green

PuraWeeda

PuraWeeda

Nice, following along! That's about what I yielded when I grew sea of green

Nice work! I am sold on the micro feeding thing. Really cruising along nicely on this round. One thing I forgot to mention is that I am doing a 13/11 light/dark cycle. Going to give these LEDs to someone and switch back over to HPS or pull the trigger on some Fluence lights. Should get hopefully 25+ grams a plant that way.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Nice work! I am sold on the micro feeding thing. Really cruising along nicely on this round. One thing I forgot to mention is that I am doing a 13/11 light/dark cycle. Going to give these LEDs to someone and switch back over to HPS or pull the trigger on some Fluence lights. Should get hopefully 25+ grams a plant that way.
That's the light/dark cycle I've been using for years, it works great for me and saves some power and heat in the summer too!

Top Bottom