Put my seeds in the fridge now they're not germinating?

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

I completed my first grow a few days ago. Now I'm starting my second run. In between I put my seeds in the fridge to preserve them. After 2 days of germinating they still haven't popped. I know it can take time but when I germinated then the first time they all popped within the day and they are the same seeds. Is it possible that I killed my seeds by putting them in the fridge or perhaps they're just taking longer because they came from a colder environment?

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Maybe......How have you tried to germinate them..
Put them in a glass of filters water for a day. Then into wet paper towels and into an unzipped plastic baggy.

Its the exact same method I used the first time with no problem.

Madmax

Madmax

Ive never stored in a fridge .havnt had to..probably silly of me to ask were they kept warm trying to germinate...

Madmax

Madmax

People store their seeds in the fridge for years without any issues, it's not that. Here is a good germination guide, lots of bad info floating around https://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Germination-Guide
The 2 most common ways to germ are crossed out on the list..even using jiffys...lol..
Screenshot 20210325 011149

Madmax

Madmax

Haha.we have doing it all wrong..like for 30 yrs ..i cant see why there seeds are special to all other strains....but i have popped them straight in ground and come up..just abit longer..

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i have recently sprouted seeds that are old, like up to 10 years and at least 3 years old. every one popped. i used a paper towel for 2, and i used the water thing for one and i just dropped one in the pot. im thinking they arent so picky as to refuse to grow because of a paper towel or water. they seem a lot like weeds... oh wait... weed, weeds...

but who knows. with yours, i am thinking a bit more time and you might see something.

the seed company list seems just something they did to limit their responsibility. you call 'em and say my seeds didnt pop, they say did you do any of these (very very very common in the industry, and even in home gardening) methods? you say yes, because that is what everyone is doing. they say, sorry, cant cover your loss. me? just seeing that, i wont buy from them. maybe i am wrong, but i just dont trust 'em.

Top Bottom