Put out my Grandaddy bout 3 weeks ago, starting to FLOWER!!!

• Thread starter grapeman420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

grapeman420

(first post, whoop whoop)
Well the title explains most of it. I put out acouple Granndaddy clones about 3 weeks ago, id say early april, i noticed about a week ago that they were starting to flower. Theres hairs coming out the top and it looks like they're almost starting to crown, pretty sure growth has been stunted. my buddy gave me these when they were already about two feet tall and very very bushy, he had been growing them in his indoor plot for im guessing about a month.
I have been using Botanicare pure blend (VEG,SOIL)
Also i transplanted them about a week and a half ago but i highly highly doubt they were shocked when i did it.

WHAT SHOULD I DO, or i guess im asking will they snap out of this and start to veg again??? they have all summer, i have grown this strain many times and it finishes mid to late october. bomb as* strain, im a little upset this is happening,

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
It was way to early to stick them outside. They will turn around and reveg but they will never be what they were going to be without this happening. You rushed it some. If you put another plant outside the same size these were and didn't put it out until July it would tower over these plants by the end of the summer.

Never put stuff out until after May 1st when there is 14 hours of light and getting longer each day.

S

scrapiron

I would say ride it out. Everywhere in the US is close to 14 hours of light per day right now, and the days are getting longer. It may even go into a re-veg and start throwing single finger leaves. Like you said, we have all summer they will be fine

D

DazedNconfussed

Would he be allright if he used some kind of tarp, light proof container, or whatnot to cover the plant and block the light after 12 hours of day light each day?

ncga

ncga

Prune them back and hope for the best. If you can hit them with about an hour of additional light for the next few weeks also.

nc

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Another tip--make an alfalfa tea. Why do you want this? Triacontanol, which speeds up vegetative growth. I got mine for free simply by asking for the alfalfa sweepings from my local feed store. Handful of alfalfa hay into a liter or so of warm water, steeped for about an hour, then feed.

T

themist

I had the same problem with some of mine last year. Turns out that if you put them outdoor right from 24 hours of light, they go into flower if there's less than 16 hours of light. We figured out what it was because a couple of the clones we got the year before did the same thing, and the guy confirmed that he uses 24 hours of light on his veg cab. Tobor is probably right about the light being too short, but it is getting longer.

C

chickenn

do whatever you want, you stuck clones in basically 12/12 light schedule and they went straight to flower, they will not reveg, they will flower, and in about ten weeks from set out date you can harvest.

harvest at your 10 week window, and you will get dank, let the plant finish, and it will sit there and stay green. until it rots.

T

TwoCreeks

Its a problem with clones that I've never had with plants from seed. I have 2 GDP and 2 OG Kush in the same state. Went outside in early April at 2 feet as they were outgrowing their flourescent home and the new grow room was behind schedule. I thought they were fine as they grew well for over 3 weeks but are now 4 ft. and budding. Same thing happened last year (new to clones). A few remained confused and never went back to veg, but almost all did and worked out fine, but I think it weakens the plants structure to go from veg to flower and back to veg.

K

koolace

Thanks for the thread, I gro this strain also. It was very informative..

C

CAPO

Same thing happened to a friend of mine with his GDP up in the bay area. He put an outside CFL bulb on them to lengthen the day. I told him to try and get some cuts just in case they don't revert back to veg.

Top Bottom