Putting my tail between my legs and asking for input.

• Thread starter KneeDeep34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

After years of doing hydro. I've recently went back to soil and I think I may have lost my touch lol
Used Foxfarm Happy frog soil and my pants took off but now they seem slow... my ph in all is between 6.3 and 6.6 no nutes added (yet). Ppm of run off is right under 600ppm...
My question is that all my plants have been around the same height for about 6 days. They seem a bit too green so I'm suspecting N toxicity but there is no burn or claw.
Lights being used for veg is the T5 Badboy set up at 18in .
Most are in 3gal grow bags (some in 1gal bags) ignore ones in dixie cups lol
I've included some pics.... I'm probably over thinking lol but just want some input... flush or no flush?
Putting my tail between my legs and asking for input
Putting my tail between my legs and asking for input 2
Putting my tail between my legs and asking for input 3
Putting my tail between my legs and asking for input 4
Putting my tail between my legs and asking for input 5

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I'm hoping my tainting your stream, attracts THE RIGHT crowd of independent, intelligent (more so than me), thinkers.
now- i like 2-4hundy, on my clones, however, I'm aero. it takes mine, 10 days, for 6" roots. i stall mine, there... and that's aero, as well... they don't tend to chase that flawless, 6par u have on em, til i up to 400 (or- & my current nightmare- 1 month and nute boost. they ate all 5ml clonex kit pre- both, consecutive days n then, have been korning me, ever since. imma have to reclip em and restart the whole shingamabing, now... but i think 10 days, isn't unreasonable, for zero, vert growth. u COULD drop that light, another 6", if u know they're rooted. it put em in maximum overdrive. that was the extent, of my risking light, experimentation. i hope this is of use. i... gotta get back in my lane.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

those plants look fine,i do have a question though,how did you come up with 6oo ppm runoff in that catch?did you just adverge it,if so you cant only 1 plant might have the salt buildup if you understand my meaning,so first off you cant flush soil,it just makes mud and washes all the benificals out,bad play equals compaction and no life,next off in happy frog and from the look of those plants ,they dont look like they even need feed yet,only 1 has a bit of yellow,but if you feel you have to feed them at that stage im thinking 350 or 400 ppm is ideal,600 is without a doubt a salt build in one of the bags but which one,so single them out and go from there when you find it,just feed that one water for a couple feeds so you can flush the runoff out just by you 15% runoff when feeding

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

those plants look fine,i do have a question though,how did you come up with 6oo ppm runoff in that catch?did you just adverge it,if so you cant only 1 plant might have the salt buildup if you understand my meaning,so first off you cant flush soil,it just makes mud and washes all the benificals out,bad play equals compaction and no life,next off in happy frog and from the look of those plants ,they dont look like they even need feed yet,only 1 has a bit of yellow,but if you feel you have to feed them at that stage im thinking 350 or 400 ppm is ideal,600 is without a doubt a salt build in one of the bags but which one,so single them out and go from there when you find it,just feed that one water for a couple feeds so you can flush the runoff out just by you 15% runoff when feeding
school- tip clipper, or no?
i looked at the pics, again. I'm not used to seein em in beer cups- in person, but as u say- thems long rooted and i can't say 600 would concern me, in hydro, but if they looked like that, it'd prolly b their first day, in 600ish. close.

skul threw pearls.

i think I'd read a similar range, on clones, more recently. might b confusing it with par, though. u & i already have our "standard" that works for us- but the grower- i could see reading that, somewhere n the article- not bothering to mention root establishment. n then the varying tolerances of different mediums.

nm. lost my cool. sorry guys. thanks, oldkul & TEDbear! "they do grow in herds!".

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

I'm hoping my tainting your stream, attracts THE RIGHT crowd of independent, intelligent (more so than me), thinkers.
now- i like 2-4hundy, on my clones, however, I'm aero. it takes mine, 10 days, for 6" roots. i stall mine, there... and that's aero, as well... they don't tend to chase that flawless, 6par u have on em, til i up to 400 (or- & my current nightmare- 1 month and nute boost. they ate all 5ml clonex kit pre- both, consecutive days n then, have been korning me, ever since. imma have to reclip em and restart the whole shingamabing, now... but i think 10 days, isn't unreasonable, for zero, vert growth. u COULD drop that light, another 6", if u know they're rooted. it put em in maximum overdrive. that was the extent, of my risking light, experimentation. i hope this is of use. i... gotta get back in my lane.
These are from seed my friend

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

I did average the ppms kinda... I should have said all of them are around 600ppm with a difference of about 50-60 ppm... I dont think its salt build up. I haven't added any nutes yet per the advice of many users of foxfarm and foxfarm themselves... Then again I've never used foxfarm before. Only read about it lol the last time I used soil was like way back in 2006? 2007?
As for flushing making mud, I was under the impression that if a good, well aerated solid will not make mud but durian well... there is no coco in this mix so water retention should be at a minimum... I water with ph balanced water every 3-5 days or so depending on how light the bags are. Drains very well... I could definitely be wrong tho lol

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i got nothin. sounds like u and the girls r on autopilot, now. thumbs up!

Trixie

Trixie

Your plants look fine to me. During Veg cycle the plant will shift into root production and will look like the plant is not growing much. In reality the plant is building a foundation to support heavy stem weight.

chemistry

chemistry

Plants look good, I'd carry on as your are, and bare in mind that you have left hydro, so expect slower growth.

P

PROMETHEUSRISING

Only questions I can think of is temp and humidity. Otherwise looks like you're getting a A to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom