Putting plants outside with PM question...

• Thread starter DANKSY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
hey folks... i am kinda in a pinch for my outdoor grow this year... i am a little short on plants and i have some with PM... i have never had to deal with pm before so i dont know how they are going to react when i put them outside... am i setting myself up for disaster or if i stay on top of them and treat them can i cure it outside? has anyone had to deal with this before and what did you use to treat them... any info would be great thanks

M

MIway

Outside & early... Chlorothalonil... third most used fungicide in the world behind copper & sulfur. This you can get at the depot or lowes or any nursery. Fertilome is a generic manufacturer.

It's still a contact chem but with minor residual activity + isn't as toxic as the other chems... like e20.

Early + known to be infected... you should treat to avoid more of a mess in the future... the infected plant will likely only get worse w the swings of nature.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I actually use the great outdoors to help get plants healthy again, including plants that have powdery mildew. Typically I only have to treat fruiting bodies and eventually it just stops showing or progressing. I don't know how much of this has to do with my particular environment, conditions in my area, but that's how I've ended up doing things.

I'll give you this year's for instance; My White cut that came down with PM worse than any other cut after battling root aphids, and despite receiving the same treatment with Eagle 20 that all other mothers did (and have shown no PM since Tx) she still expressed fruiting bodies of powdery mildew. I decided I wasn't going to continue to throw the same chemistry at her, and decided that she's going to either have to shit or get off the proverbial pot and either die or get through it. Well, it's been a few weeks, and rather rainy weeks at that, and damn if she doesn't look like she's over it. Or, at the very least, the PM has been suppressed.

It's while they're building buds that I worry, much more so than during vegetative phase.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
green cure works wonders outside make sure to really get on spaying it while the buds are forming so it can get inside the buds and they will form around it, that will lock out any pm from inside the buds.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
as always thanks for the info guys... they arent that bad and still in veg so i can treat them for weeks to come... i am more worried about them infecting the other plants in the plot... being outside wouldnt they be exposed to PM naturally?

W

WomBat

I spray with an alternation of serenade and apple vinegar, I'm no pro by any means, but I have had no probs with PM..... (yet...knock on wood) careful tho every time i use serenade or anything organic my dogs want to dig it up and eat it.

waayne

waayne

Being outside they are going to be exposed to everything.....
Seamaidens right on point.
I received a rare clone a few years ago that was a magnet for PM
I put the mom outside one Summer and then took new cuts late that Summer>>I never had any PM issues with her after that, also after her summer of real sunlight, it appeared her vigor increased....:pimp:

Top Bottom