PVC w/Ez Clone 360 Sprayer to Raise Humidity

• Thread starter ShakySugars
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you think this will work?

• Total voters
ShakySugars

ShakySugars

Legit idea or Humidity doesn't work like that..?

So I had the idea to maintain higher humidity for my plants in my living room(no tent/open room) during their clone to early Veg stage by building something similar to an aeroponics but top side to spritz the plant leaves for a very short interval(10-15 secs) on the hour to increase RH. I live in southern california so it's often very dry and always having to boost my humidity. I searched to see if anyone had same idea.. no luck.

Setup would be built on top of a 4x4 flood table(I use ebb and flo to feed my plants.
Medium: Clay Pellets
Nutrients: Jacks

PVC piping + ez clone 360 sprayers to assemble. Then set on digital timer connected to water pump below with just RO water.

I got this idea after building my cloner and fighting my humidity by spraying my tent walls with water to create humidity. Smashed the two together and this is what I got. If feedback is positive I'll start build and upload pictures and tests. Please if you got any ideas to improve on the design let me know. I'll upload some pictures of my setup and then draw out the design possibly so you guys are all onboard.

Thanks for reading!
ShakySugars

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Just add a table top Vick’s humidifier to adjust for humidity, spraying water directly will cause too many issues with molds etc. I’m in monterey and it’s been a wee bit dry out here as well and I just run the humidifier in my garage

ShakySugars

ShakySugars

Just add a table top Vick’s humidifier to adjust for humidity, spraying water directly will cause too many issues with molds etc. I’m in monterey and it’s been a wee bit dry out here as well and I just run the humidifier in my garage
Thanks @Jack og, I'm running a humidifier and swamp cooler in my tent. Holding at 68%. Its a large room and afraid the humidifier wont be enough. Maybe invest in better humidifier?

Dbear180

Dbear180

Just buy a dome & tray they are like 5 bucks, packs of plugs another 15 maybe. Small contained high humidity area with one or two mists a day by hand. Not down playing your idea but your just making it more complicated than it needs to be. ez cloners style dont require humidity up top just in the root zone.

ShakySugars

ShakySugars

It's a 4x4 table, they make domes for that? I'm just trying to craft something to throw out a quick mist at like 3rd to 6th node level to raise Humidity. Like sprayers turn on for like 5 secs max. Like every hour. These sprinler/mister idea is just for RH during veg where I need my vpfd to be at like 65% - 75%. Not for watering purposes. I have extra ez clone sprayers at home.. as well as a small water pump. PVC is relatively cheap, compared to the 80 dollar humidifier I'm looking at. The size of my living room is roughly 750 square feet, which is where my 4x4 Table is.

My concern with the humidifier is that the one I have closed inside the tent is struggling to maintain 70% in a 4x4 enclosed...
Summers around the corner and it's looking like 16% humidity at 81 degrees this past thursday and it's only first week of March.

ShakySugars

ShakySugars

Just buy a dome & tray they are like 5 bucks, packs of plugs another 15 maybe. Small contained high humidity area with one or two mists a day by hand. Not down playing your idea but your just making it more complicated than it needs to be. ez cloners style dont require humidity up top just in the root zone.
This I understand and do for my seedlings until their roots bursting out the rockwool cube. (Humdity dome with spray bottle). This idea of mine is more pointed towards veg up till flower. Thanks for the input!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Thanks @Jack og, I'm running a humidifier and swamp cooler in my tent. Holding at 68%. Its a large room and afraid the humidifier wont be enough. Maybe invest in better humidifier?
If it’s larger persay then yes but check our vapor density charts to see where you actually need to be, a humidifier placed close will be ample to keep the plants in its vicinity in ok shape but I don’t know how big that area really is. My 2 car garage does well with a small one

ShakySugars

ShakySugars

If it’s larger persay then yes but check our vapor density charts to see where you actually need to be, a humidifier placed close will be ample to keep the plants in its vicinity in ok shape but I don’t know how big that area really is. My 2 car garage does well with a small one
I stalk my VPD chart enough to know what ranges I'm gonna need. Haha but yes I guess the no pictures is making this difficult. When I get home I'll upload for everyone the space.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I stalk my VPD chart enough to know what ranges I'm gonna need. Haha but yes I guess the no pictures is making this difficult. When I get home I'll upload for everyone the space.
I’d say if u have the numbers I don’t see why you can’t make that misting tubes! Do it!
hey all else, least you have a good misting system for those hot days to come so I see it as a win win!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom