PWM on clones, Will i ever be able to eradicate it?

• Thread starter Cookoo4Coco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingTubby

KingTubby

Hmmm I think we may be on different pages... im not saying that there is for cannabis. I'm saying it's possible and some PM species are not just superficial. These species may not be specific to cannabis. But they evolution of these organisms happen quickly and it's possible one exists or may evolve to do so.

Copy pasted from that article.

Powdery mildews, which typically grow superficially, produce microscopic structures called appressoria that help attach mycelia to plant surfaces. Specialized hyphal outgrowths termed haustoria penetrate host cells to absorb nutrients. In a small percentage of species the fungus forms hyphae that grow within host tissue.1, 2, 3

Further to this... this is a discussion and I will post what I like. Much like you can. So I would appreciate the same courtesy and respect I have given on the topic.
I believe that I've been courteous. If you feel otherwise, then of course you are welcome to your perspective.

That said, I do believe that we are posting on a Cannabis forum, so I would assume that this conversation would be related to PM on cannabis. Just like I'm not going to start talking about concert-type LED lighting in the LED forum (although that could be an interesting discussion, lol).

In short I really just think it's bad advise to tell people to trash their plants due to a bit of PM, and that it's like herpes and will never recover. I'm not saying that you said that, but someone else in this thread did, and your intimations of cannabis being systemic only serves to further perpetuate that misnomer.

The best advice I can give people for PM is:
1. adequate airflow
2. moderate temps with no huge swings between day and night
3. keep rh @45 to 50 in late flower
4. Use a silica product as a root or foliar to both harden cell walls and raise leaf surface ph (foliar with potassium silicate, root feed with monosilicic acid)
5. Keep a clean environment, H2O2 is your friend
6. If you have a bushy canopy, practice moderate defoliation around day 21 and/or 45 after flipping to 12/12

I really think if those 6 bases are covered, PM will have a tough time gaining traction.

EDIT: I personally haven't tried Sourthern Ag GFF as a foliar for PM, but I do use it in my res. I'm not sure, but I think it might be better for botrytis prevention, but maybe it's be good for PM too.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I believe that I've been courteous. If you feel otherwise, then of course you are welcome to your perspective.

That said, I do believe that we are posting on a Cannabis forum, so I would assume that this conversation would be related to PM on cannabis. Just like I'm not going to start talking about concert-type LED lighting in the LED forum (although that could be an interesting discussion, lol).

In short I really just think it's bad advise to tell people to trash their plants due to a bit of PM, and that it's like herpes and will never recover. I'm not saying that you said that, but someone else in this thread did, and your intimations of cannabis being systemic only serves to further perpetuate that misnomer.

The best advice I can give people for PM is:
1. adequate airflow
2. moderate temps with no huge swings between day and night
3. keep rh @45 to 50 in late flower
4. Use a silica product as a root or foliar to both harden cell walls and raise leaf surface ph (foliar with potassium silicate, root feed with monosilicic acid)
5. Keep a clean environment, H2O2 is your friend
6. If you have a bushy canopy, practice moderate defoliation around day 21 and/or 45 after flipping to 12/12

I really think if those 6 bases are covered, PM will have a tough time gaining traction.
Fair enough maybe I just interpreted it a bit off... text is bad like that for me.

I dont disagree with anything you posted here. All great advice.

But I didn't say trash em. Just seperate and if it cannot be cured for whatever reason then dispose of them.

I'm not authority on PM but have some knowledge. I believe this topic is very poorly researched on cannabis like some other topics. So my belief (and only belief not fact) is that if it is systemic in other species ots quite possible that there is a species that involves cannabis. Again I'm not saying there is. But much like the TMV or HPLVD this is something that may take time and a lot more testing to have an absolute answer. There are good points and information pointing both ways. Possibly a co infection that exists that changes the dynamic. And I get they are all what ifs here.

That's why I suggested separation and treatment if possible and if separation and treatment don't work or not possible then destruction thourough disinfection should be the course of action.

Again of I misinterpreted your intent that's my bad. I have no issues admitting when I'm wrong most times. But imo the jury is still out and I respect you opinion and (to lazy to scroll up to get the other name) his too. I could well be wrong and probably put forth a stronger opinion than I should of due to the tone of the other posts. Something that often happens and not great for a thorough discussion and facts but hey I'm human just like anyone else.

But I do stand by my opinion and opinion only that I don't think it's been solidified yet... atleast for myself. But the good news is with legalization comes more testing and answers.

cottageman

cottageman

I forgot to post this but this is from a YouTube channel named zenathol, he’s a mycologist, entomologist and a botanist that specifies in cannabis ipm. He puts out a ton of great info on his YouTube and Instagram. He claims that(as of the video) powdery mildew is not systemic

Top Bottom