Qbert tries a side hustle

• Thread starter Qbert55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Q

Qbert55

Hallo.

I've been happily observing this sites forums for a while, figured maybe id post some stuff see if anyone... condemns my half baked stratagems and sets me towards glory.

I have worked in larger operations for abouuuut 2 and a half years, somewhat off and on but has been my primary income.... me and my mom had some money and figured we'd get two sea-cans and see if we could make something work.

So anyway. some basic specs.

We use viprspectra LED's primarily, although we tried a couple of these Meihzi ones at first for... whatever reason... both functional but Vipr seems overall more effective, especially in veg. I use flourescents for cloning and early veg...

basically each 20 by 8 foot container is split into a 15 foot flower and 5 foot veg room... is a cramped sitch but we only have so much sq ft and ... area=money.

Currently my strains are "Crystal Coma", which I was growing elsewhere and was given two plants to start this thing about 8 months back... and Blueberry, which my mom was casually growing a couple of outdoors of at the time so i figured whatever and made some clones.

umm I grow in 50/50 pro mix/pearlite, I use the 3 part GH nutes while adding floralicious plus, terpinator, botanicare sweet, cal-mag, and liquid and dry koolbloom (amounts/usage all vary as the ladies go through their lives)

Been experimenting heavily with various training techniques to try n get a very tight but effective canopy... as space is truly a factor.

more or less good results product wise, working on increasing yeild, but alyways very much open to any advice.

I do always know there's more i could be doing but its a perpetual battle for lil ol me :) gotta prioritize, some aspects can fall behind but ANYHOO heres some pictures.

Qbert tries a side hustle
Qbert tries a side hustle 2
Qbert tries a side hustle 3
Qbert tries a side hustle 4
Qbert tries a side hustle 5
Qbert tries a side hustle 6
Qbert tries a side hustle 7
Q

Qbert55

So here we are 5 days later. Seems stretch is pretty much over in the newer flower room and bud sites look pretty nice and tight, looking forward to seeing how that one plays out. intend to defoliate in the next few days to some degree, nothin crazy.

Old flower room is right at the end of week 6, looking decent. coulda packed it more I think as we tried going extra hard on defoliation and, I beleive it could be the best strategy, but only if you have the space just crammed full. I personally dont like seeing light hit the ground if I can help it, any thoughts on this or anything are highly appreciated.

other than that... Veg seems healthy, gonna go around and strip the bottoms a bit and/or do some more training, but space becomes an issue. Nothin for it though, no where else to put it til I cut down that room in probably two weeks....

Here are some pics.

IMG 0140
IMG 0141
IMG 0142
IMG 0143
IMG 0144
IMG 0145
IMG 0146
IMG 0147
IMG 0148
IMG 0149
IMG 0150
Q

Qbert55

Hey, anyone, I do have a specific question....

On particularily warm days outside my AC machines seem to have a bit of trouble keeping up. (said they could deal with alot more sq ft than im askin of em but meh)

Now, it doesnt spike devistatingly hard to my understanding and things tend to be going well... my question is, there is alot of information about ambient room tempurature out there, but I have to assume most of the time those recommended numbers are kindof based on the fact one would be using HPS lights or the like, which obviously throw a bunch of extra degrees right at the plants beneath.

So, since im using LEDS and im pretty sure they are only really increasing the heat directly below them by a degree or two (c), so that said logically if my ambient room temp spikes higher than I'd like, I can take into account the difference in direct heat being put off by using LEDs when understanding what my plants are actually experiencing yes?

or is there a flaw in that logic i'm not seeing?

I would like to get one of those laser thermometers to keep better track but ehh I dont have one and honestly my ac units are doin all they can and I cant afford to do any major changes at this point anyway.

basically im kinda hoping that even tho my ambient is a bit high sometimes it might actually be ideal considering these things which would be... fantastic :)

So far i havnt seen any directly negative effects, should be noted as well but ... everything can be done better in theory!

Appreciate any imput.

Q

Qbert55

On a bit more pondering I suppose the tempurature in the soil is probably the main thing I may need to be concerned with....

Q

Qbert55

welp heres another week ish later. further along room will come down within the next week but trichomes are still more in the clear/cloudy stage, and growth seems actually to have gone on longer than any of my previous harvests.

This is the first time I used the dry koolbloom during the last couple weeks. Other atmospheric conditions have also been improved but it seems like its been nice for them.

other room is in week 3 now. Im liking the node spacing I think ima have some serious colas.

IMG 0155
IMG 0156
IMG 0157
IMG 0158
IMG 0159
IMG 0160
IMG 0161
IMG 0162
Reactions: Ina
Q

Qbert55

also I am aware that my veg has gotten out of hand and is sitting often too close to the lights i have set up but I lack both vertical and horizontal space at this point.......Im gonna go in and take some clones today and try n lower the canopy. Aint the worst problem to have, too much healthy veg plants... and again my work space is goddamn awful tight so eh i dunno what else I can do :)

visajoe1

visajoe1

Your ladies are looking a little fried in the last pic. What ec are you running?

Q

Qbert55

ahh again they all grew a lil close to the light in veg but in flower, i do tend to slam the viper spectra "900" watt led's as close as I can without the leaves curling up and also covering the space required. now, this is a question i would love feedback on, Ive had some of my mentors say that basically give em as much as you can before leaves turn upwards as that is to defend againt direct heat.,.. LED's being aloooooot less direct heat... (previous inquiry see above)

but... i dunno always in my experience leaves do start to naturally yellow during the last week ish of flower but... maybe thats not ideal? please leave opinions. I am still learning.

Top Bottom