Quality TDS/EC + pH testers

• Thread starter ent
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ent

I'm looking to pick up a new pH and TDS tester. I've had hanna portable testers in the past and I'm not satisfied. I'm looking to grab something that I won't have to replace, if taken care of, any time soon.

What is your favorite quality pH and TDS/EC tester?

thanks yo-

X

Xceptional

bluelab truncheon

i just got one in the mail today because i wanted the same things you do. 5 year warranty, no calibration, throw it across the room and it's still working. this is the way to go! got it on ebay for $99 shipped.

E

ent

bluelab truncheon

i just got one in the mail today because i wanted the same things you do. 5 year warranty, no calibration, throw it across the room and it's still working. this is the way to go! got it on ebay for $99 shipped.

thanks Xceptional. every bit of research i did led me to this tester. i'm grabbing one tomorrow.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Google the "ISfet PH meter" had it for two years now and not one bit of trouble. Stores dry also. It has a silicone chip instead of glass electrode. Very durable. RB

N

not2busy4

i have the nutradrip tri-meter for aabout 5 or 6 yrs now never had a problem :clapping stays calibrated for long periods of time

X

Xceptional

the only downside to my bluelab is it will take a ppm of over 50 for it to register anything. this is only a downside when monitoring my ro water to see when to order replacement filters. i have another one i can do that with and if it reaches 50 my plants will be just fine i would just like to catch it at like 10 and replace them because i'm anal.

true grit

true grit

Hava a Hanna combo pen that does PPM and pH. Not very reliable. Switched to two Oakton pens for pH'ing my water and get much faster, more consistent, and accurate results.

D

DazedNconfussed

sucks...i just bought a $200 hanna handheld combo meter...wish i would have seen this thread before....

forknowledge

forknowledge

Bluelab Truncheon will not let you down Ive even had water pour into the meter & it still works (my fault).

S

sbkg

I just picked up the HM Digital TDS EZ and the Milwaukee pH600 pH Tester. Under $40 shipped.

M

mrbong73

I also have the Nutradrip Tri meter. Works great. found it used on ebay and it was calibrated perfectly. def recommend.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I also have two Oakton pens, one for pH and the other for TDS. Both are quick and accurate, and very easy to calibrate

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
sucks...i just bought a $200 hanna handheld combo meter...wish i would have seen this thread before....
I know this is an old thread, but I just picked up a Hanna tri-meter, probably just like yours, totally calibrate-able, I can set my own conversion factors, the thing floats, is almost indestructible (except for the pH electrode, already broke the electrode on my pH meter)--AND I LOVE IT. It's clicky, easy for my lady fingers to manipulate, and fun to play with. :evilgrin0040: I can very easily switch from measuring microSeimens to ppm to pH, and calibrate those parameters just as easily. I *am* a bit of a nut about calibrating instruments, I can't say how many times I've seen problems caused by relying solely on instrument readings and not on the total picture (minireef/aquatic situations). When in doubt, recalibrate.

R

REGISTRD

I know this is an old thread, but I just picked up a Hanna tri-meter, probably just like yours, totally calibrate-able, I can set my own conversion factors, the thing floats, is almost indestructible (except for the pH electrode, already broke the electrode on my pH meter)--AND I LOVE IT. It's clicky, easy for my lady fingers to manipulate, and fun to play with. :evilgrin0040: I can very easily switch from measuring microSeimens to ppm to pH, and calibrate those parameters just as easily. I *am* a bit of a nut about calibrating instruments, I can't say how many times I've seen problems caused by relying solely on instrument readings and not on the total picture (minireef/aquatic situations). When in doubt, recalibrate.

Ive been using this pen for a couple years know.. It stays in my briefcase for moments when you never think youll need one...I just cant stand how long it takes to get to the final reading.
.That said I upgraded to the BLuelab Guardian and Yes its not accurate reading nute levels like previously mentioned on the truncheon.. It measures in increments of 50ppm...After a cycle of using it I returned it for the basic Bluelab Combo meter.(same probes) It measures nutes in increments of 10ppm. Its super easy to use and its portable compared to the guardian...

Top Bottom