Quantum Board Opinions

• Thread starter Smoking Gun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Im looking at boards with on off switches for UV and IR as well as dimmers. I am also considering adding a coating to protect them from the high humidity it is a spray or dip of the boards. I have some of the 288's that have lost a couple of strings within the boards due to moisture. any thoughts on the coating?

How do you know it was caused by moisture? I have read that strings of lights out is usually caused by bad diodes or bad circuit board.

direless

direless

the board that has strings out has been getting hit by my humidifier. I assume the moisture corroded the some of the circuitry for the dead strings. could be something else I suppose have not tested it. I do however know that some manufacturer are claiming an Ip rating of 65 (water resistant) and even ip 67 (waterproof) however I don't know much about coatings. I have also seen light engines with covers and lens that claim a ip rating of 67. just looking for answers before I buy more boards IE how to the coatings affect the ppfd, color rendering or how much uv can be blocked etc.

Top Bottom