Quantum Boards

• Thread starter patchgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
patchgrower

patchgrower

good morning people.i'm setting up a new room and was wondering if anybody could steer me in the right direction, as to what to buy for quantum boards to fill about a 5x5 area.
area is actually 10x7 but have 4- 315-lec for the corners.
looking to fill in the middle.any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.

Monster762

Monster762

good morning people.i'm setting up a new room and was wondering if anybody could steer me in the right direction, as to what to buy for quantum boards to fill about a 5x5 area.
area is actually 10x7 but have 4- 315-lec for the corners.
looking to fill in the middle.any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.
I’m no pro n just got my first quantum boards
They are a lot nicer than the purples and bright too. Check out hlg they will tell you what covers what area n don’t lie to you.
Can also get boards and all seperate n build cheaper but they got pretty solid stuff but cost me Almost $1.50 a watt. But real clean lightweight bright lights though.

B

Burned Haze

Everyone has their own opinion , I think they are not worth it compared to a cob and they aware too vulnerable to the weather for the price compare when compare their power and so forth .

My suggestion is go cob . Build it , buy a kit or prebuilt (I suggest timber leds) and you tell me your not statisifed compared .

Last edited by a moderator:
patchgrower

patchgrower

i cant seem to find this particular light ,i can find a hlg550 but not 600. maybe not available in canada?

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Everyone has their own opinion , I think they are not worth it compared to a cob and they aware too vulnerable to the weather for the price compare when compare their power and so forth .

My suggestion is go cob . Build it , buy a kit or prebuilt (I suggest timber leds) and you tell me your not statisifed compared .
I sold my cob fixture after trying out quantum boards. I have all QB's in veg and flower. Very satisfied with qb's now. Nothing wrong with cobs either, i just prefer qb's.

sixstring

sixstring

i had skimmed over his post but now that its been quoted im like what ??? i cant even decide what to think about this statement lol "they aware too vulnerable to the weather for the price compare when compare their power and so forth" @Burned Haze can you help me out on this one :)

mornin rootz :cool:

MissBotany

MissBotany

i had skimmed over his post but now that its been quoted im like what ??? i cant even decide what to think about this statement lol "they aware too vulnerable to the weather for the price compare when compare their power and so forth" @Burned Haze can you help me out on this one :)

I think (at least I hope) he is referring to humidity inside a grow room...

sixstring

sixstring

If you can DIY, hlg sells the qb132 or qb120 in a pack of 4. To give you an idea of coverage, a single quantum board (hlg120 or hlg 132) will cover 2sq ft for flower and a 4sq ft for veg.
i think that is overstated,those boards have half the diodes of the bigger qb288,304,and 324 boards.1 sq foot for flower and maybe 2 sq ft for veg is more realistic ime using a par meter under all listed boards.the qb288v2 is the most efficient way to cover a particular sq ft if your looking at it this way.those smaller boards,96,120,132 are fine for small areas and tents but for big open spaces with bigger plants you want the big boys

MissBotany

MissBotany

i think that is overstated,those boards have half the diodes of the bigger qb288,304,and 324 boards.1 sq foot for flower and maybe 2 sq ft for veg is more realistic ime using a par meter under all listed boards.the qb288v2 is the most efficient way to cover a particular sq ft if your looking at it this way.those smaller boards,96,120,132 are fine for small areas and tents but for big open spaces with bigger plants you want the big boys

I agree, I think those measurements are the bare minimum.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I agree with your point but disagree very much with saying the qb132 can only cover 1sqft for flower. I have a set of 9 in a 4x4 tent and have excellent coverage and getting good results. I have the same in my veg tent and often don’t have to run them all. I think it’s closer to 2 in flower, mainly because of the both the height you can have the lights above the canopy And the spread. At about 4” currently above my cola peaks I think I am probably getting peak par. I have used MH and HPS lights, luckily skipped past burple leds and have not yet done a cob build. I don’t know if I ever will, based on what I have seen these QBs do. I build mine and love the control and readouts from my multimeters.

A973F029 E186 425B 9B1B 5E34F7BBEBB5

F25AAC9F 6DFF 4996 9ED7 4CCFFF258E0B

249EABAF AAF1 44AF 9254 3F21954ED6D8

B

Burned Haze

I just was saying they too vulnerable to the weather, meaning High humidity , foliar sprayed onto it on mistake might damage the board.

Cobs diy or pre-made can be weather proofed easily and so are spydrx ( that’s why I choose them as my led choices)

I don’t see anywhere on the hlg550 where it says humidity resistant or water resistant or anything like that. If they are they should of put it on their hlg550 page lol.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I just was saying they too vulnerable to the weather, meaning High humidity , foliar sprayed onto it on mistake might damage the board.

Cobs diy or pre-made can be weather proofed easily and so are spydrx ( that’s why I choose them as my led choices)

I don’t see anywhere on the hlg550 where it says humidity resistant or water resistant or anything like that. If they are they should of put it on their hlg550 page lol.

I spray my veg tent daily and my flower tent up till actuall flowers with purecrop1, never an issue. I have run high humidity in the 80’s for weeks at a time, never an issue. These are just your guesses on what could go wrong, but I haven’t seen or read of any of these issues. #fakenews

B

Burned Haze

I spray my veg tent daily and my flower tent up till actuall flowers with purecrop1, never an issue. I have run high humidity in the 80’s for weeks at a time, never an issue. These are just your guesses on what could go wrong, but I haven’t seen or read of any of these issues. #fakenews
* Even after a good point , some arrogant insult. Thanks

All I was saying was show me in their manual or website where it states it’s approved for it, you can spray and work with a hps/mh for years and never have a isssue ,( I did ) . It’s still not Humate]ty approved or safe nough to spray water on lol....but my point was, the products I listed was so safe they wanted you to even clean them by washing them. And they look ultra fire safe

I’m not dissing quantum boards cause that was my 3rd choice, it just did not look like a good choice for bigger trees

I go out of my way to try to make good points and discuss and then get insulted and being called a negative Nancy ? Fuck off im done with this discussion

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

* Even after a good point , some arrogant insult. Thanks

All I was saying was show me in their manual or website where it states it’s approved for it, you can spray and work with a hps/mh for years and never have a isssue ,( I did ) . It’s still not Humate]ty approved or safe nough to spray water on lol....but my point was, the products I listed was so safe they wanted you to even clean them by washing them. And they look ultra fire safe

I’m not dissing quantum boards cause that was my 3rd choice, it just did not look like a good choice for bigger trees

I go out of my way to try to make good points and discuss and then get insulted and being called a negative Nancy ? Fuck off im done with this discussion

No dissing dude, and I don’t know what you mean by insults? You definitely have some of the best lights on the market, I was simply saying that I have not seen any evidence and have not experienced that. Some times people have discussions and don’t agree :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom