Querkle

• Thread starter Hemphrey Bogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hemphrey Bogart

yeah it does turn purple in the last days the more you let it go the more purple it will get too. i pull mine between 65-70 days unless i dont have any weed then it comes down lol. it gets more potent too the more you let it go. looks dank though my man!!!!

ITA

Thanks for that post, ITA. I've read that 70 days is too long, but now I'm gonna just let them go and keep flushing them. Thanks for the info.

F

fireindaeyes

I'm loving your ladies hb. I got to get me some of that querkle.

H

Hemphrey Bogart

Hey Subcool, got a question that I should pm you, but I figure everyone should hear your answer...

What happened to the smell? It up and disappeared on me. Don't get me wrong, the bud looks great, but the smell I had around week 5 is completely gone now. There is more purple on these girls, but the smell isn't there anymore.

My testers have come back with reports of a very good stone and NO FLAVOR/SMELL to it. I'm not gonna have time to run any more of this if it ain't got the key elements: smell, taste, look and, of course, the high. So far, it's got the "high" and the "look" part down pat. It's the other two key elements that are missing right now. The remaining two plants I have are still flowering (day 67).

I read herer's grow on this plant and he had a similar critique. It would be nice to get some input from you when you have the time. Did you find that the smell usually comes back during the drying/curing stage?

Thanks in advance.

B

buffalo222

yo dont worry i had the same problem they didnt really smelly i got worryed i diid vortex querkler angent orange and jack the ripper in the same grow tent even when i harvest i wasn't really impreast then i dry and cured and the smell was out of control its funny that some one had the same prob but don worry it came out some of the best weed i did last year sub grew my trust

F

FeFiFoFum

Excuse my ignorance what is querkle? Got a purple urkle cut here from a friend out west its inky ass purple and super stinky.

H

Hemphrey Bogart

yo dont worry i had the same problem they didnt really smelly i got worryed i diid vortex querkler angent orange and jack the ripper in the same grow tent even when i harvest i wasn't really impreast then i dry and cured and the smell was out of control its funny that some one had the same prob but don worry it came out some of the best weed i did last year sub grew my trust

Thanks for the info, buffalo. Good to hear that.

S

Subcool

Hey Subcool, got a question that I should pm you, but I figure everyone should hear your answer...

What happened to the smell? It up and disappeared on me. Don't get me wrong, the bud looks great, but the smell I had around week 5 is completely gone now. There is more purple on these girls, but the smell isn't there anymore.

My testers have come back with reports of a very good stone and NO FLAVOR/SMELL to it. I'm not gonna have time to run any more of this if it ain't got the key elements: smell, taste, look and, of course, the high. So far, it's got the "high" and the "look" part down pat. It's the other two key elements that are missing right now. The remaining two plants I have are still flowering (day 67).

I read herer's grow on this plant and he had a similar critique. It would be nice to get some input from you when you have the time. Did you find that the smell usually comes back during the drying/curing stage?

Thanks in advance.

It deff is a strain that takes longer to cure I am not sure why but don't judge em before its done and by done I mean run to maturity and then dryed and cured.
I generally jar mine for 3 weeks before touching it.

Sub

H

Hemphrey Bogart

It deff is a strain that takes longer to cure I am not sure why but don't judge em before its done and by done I mean run to maturity and then dryed and cured.
I generally jar mine for 3 weeks before touching it.

Sub

Thank you, Sub. Really helps when the guy who grew the seeds is kind enough to answer a question.

Thanks again.

---Hemphrey

I

in the air

70 days is not to long! that is when it stops turning purple. When sub first made this strain i received 100 seeds soon as it was made from the guy that gave sub the clone. sub split the seeds with him for giving him the clone. i have grown and seen more querkle seeds grown than i bet anyone. i have been growing it and watching friends grow it for years!

ITA

H

Hemphrey Bogart

70 days is not to long! that is when it stops turning purple. When sub first made this strain i received 100 seeds soon as it was made from the guy that gave sub the clone. sub split the seeds with him for giving him the clone. i have grown and seen more querkle seeds grown than i bet anyone. i have been growing it and watching friends grow it for years!

ITA

Nice, ITA. So much great advice/info. You guys are erasing any doubts that I had. Harvest pics to come soon!

H

Hemphrey Bogart

This particular pheno wasn't as purple as the others, but it still looks like killer smoke. I got two purple phenos out of the three that made it to the end. Had a bit of bud mold near the tops of the one pictured below and another one not pictured, but no big deal.

IMG 1258

IMG 1254

I'll post some pics of the cured product in a few weeks.

H

Hemphrey Bogart

Querkle Smoke Report

I posted this same smoke report at another site yesterday. I added a few things, but it's basically the same report:

Strain: Querkle.

Breeder: TGA.

Genetic Makeup: Space Queen x Urkle.

Amount of Veg: from seed, approx 2 months.

Amount of Flower: roughly 10 weeks.

Medium Used: FFOF, chunky perlite, worm castings.

Vessel Size: 3 gallon fabric pots.

HID Wattage: 600W HPS.

Nutrients/Supplements: organic tea for veg, Budswel and a little PBP for flower.

Flush Method/Time: carbon filtered tap water, 2 week flush.

Seeds or Clones: seeds.

Cloned Generations (if applicable): n/a.

Drying/Curing Time: 19 days in jars.

Drying Method: Hung on clothing hangers with a fan circulating air, thrown in bags, then jar'd.

Weight: 4 oz total

1-10 Scales, 1 being "meh" and 10 being "hell ya"...

Looks: Green/purple buds with orange hairs, frosty, 9.

Density: Like little purpleish/green rocks, bags look small until you pick them up, 9.

Yield: Low yields. I'm not a cash cropper, but it still would be nice to get more bud, 5.

Taste: Like grape candy, 9.

Smell: Like grape candy, 9.

Effects: More head than I anticipated, touch of body, great stuff. Lasts a good 2-3 hours. Hint: it's even better when bubble hash is added to the bowl or joint-talk about a great flavor combo! 9.

Overall Rating: I have to give it a 9 overall because everyone who's tried it so far really likes it, including me. It needs a good cure, but with that done, it's some really fine smoke.

Additional Comments: I'm not really big on indica dominant strains. The fact that I've found something indica leaning that I actually like is rare and I feel lucky to have been able to grow out this gear. I would highly recommend getting a pack and giving these girls a try. TGA is a good group who have donated many packs of seeds at local dispensaries, and that's a big plus in my book. Just knowing that my money is going to such nice people makes it all worthwhile.

P.S. The smell went away in the last few weeks of flower. I mean, they went from smelling like grapes/fruit punch to smelling like nothing at all. I asked Subcool about this and he told me not to worry, just dry them properly, jar them and let them cure for 3 weeks, minimum. Well, after 2 weeks, I couldn't wait anymore. Every time I would crack the jars to let them breathe, I could tell that the smell was coming back. After almost 3 weeks in the jars, the smell has become much more pronounced and the taste is excellent. Dry hits from a freshly rolled joint taste like grape candy and the smoke has smoothed out quite a bit.

Thank you, TGA, for all your hard work on this one. Well done!

IMG 1180

IMG 1337

IMG 1347

IMG 1335

D

de cane

wow, awesome show and really green plant man

like your strain report too!

Top Bottom