#questforfire - Some Pot Plants In Coco With A Few Lights - Aka My Prop 215 Ghetto Basement Grow

• Thread starter motherlode
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
nothing too fancy here - work in progress - for small grows I am a huge fan of KISS - no ac/co2/dehumidifiers here

the room is setup for 4 x 1k (currently running 2k + a 600 bc I didnt have enough plants and I am doing some pheno hunting) a 700 cfm fan filter on CAP controller set at 75 degrees and 50% humidity with a small electric heater on a timer (only during winter)

5 strains/11 plants - 3 strains are KDS Seeds - Vergados - Gorilla Nightmare and JSD - there is also a gorilla glue #4 and titanic
Questforfire   some pot plants in coco with a few lights   aka my prop 215 ghetto basement gro

hand watering in 3 gal pots - mostly a whatever is on the shelf kind of run - canna coco for veg - dm gold for flower and for additives: fasillitor - herculean harvest - epsom - ful-power and sea green

so the long term plan for this room is to find 2 strains I can run together in a complimentary way - one of the strains will likely be the gg4 - gave been wanting her for a hot minute now - the one I just flipped gave me 60 cuts after 3 weeks in a 3 gallon pot

Gg4 cuts

the way the gg grows looks like i could easily do well with 4 per 1k and - the JSD is also a beast so its hard to say right now what I will fill the 4 k with next run

no matter what goes under the 4k I am in need of some more wifi in my life - so here I soaked my last 7 beans of the original run of OGR's White Fire (my first pack of beans I bought here at the farm) - cheers @logic - no matter what goes under the 4k I have a spot for these under a nice 600 to search for a keeper - if I dont find what Im looking for I also have a pack of the second run wifi

Questforfire   some pot plants in coco with a few lights   aka my prop 215 ghetto basement gro 3

24 hour soak in startboost and rhizitonic and then into cups with coco drenched with the same mix

48 hours after that:
Wifi a 1

of the 7 only one still hasn't hit the surface so far

thats it for now - thx for viewing!

peas

J

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I just bought a slightly used sony a57 dslr off ebay - talked dude down by 100 and it still has 8 months left of factory warranty - came with a kit lens and I got it cheaper than some of the body only deals so Im kinda stoked - actually owned one of these before - used it to take some killer bud shots like this...
Respect82
Cherrypie
Repect7 1
Repect7 2
Repect7 5

props @leadsled - he grew these ^^^ beauties!

the kit lens is meh - will be fine for when I need a wide shot and I already have a 50 mm f1.7 prime and a few other goodies for it - just need to get some macro glass and a ring flash and I will be set

going to try my hand at some macro time lapse

no more shite cellphone pix!

all 7 wifi sprouts came up - that last straggler is 4 days behind at this point though and slowly starting to open after I had to carefully scrape the shell off - who knows could be the keeper - though prolly not - lol

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
so bummed about losing out on that auction and my cell takes the worst pix - they fucken even look like shit under a t5

anyway - so to keep this thread rolln heres a couple shitty pics! lol

6 strains - 22 days - now using all 4 x 1k for 11 plants in #3 pots - the beast in the left corner is nearing 6 feet - feed at lights on
IMG 20150315 022829 1

7 wifi baby girls - being that I started these in coco I should have fed them sooner - catching up now - the runt on the right (cut G) is 5 days behind

IMG 20150315 234756

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I hope you have a extra chair. Will just slide in real quiet like. Looking good so far. You gotta love the KISS method. Some of the best grows I have seen operated under this premise. Good karma to get you to the finish line @motherlode

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

well FUCK - dude reneged on the ebay deal - so I guess Ill try and take some shitty cell pix later
Consider looking at either sony or olympus's Micro 4/3 camera's.
Mirrorless is the way to go and the way of the future for camera's in my opinion. My fiancé shots with a pro Canon gear for a living and is constantly jealous of my little Oly.

White Russian 20 days in
White widow

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
All looks healthy and happy

just how I like my ladies!

Gonna pull up a chair on this one.

sure thing man - time to get the bongs going up in here

I hope you have a extra chair. Will just slide in real quiet like. Looking good so far. You gotta love the KISS method. Some of the best grows I have seen operated under this premise. Good karma to get you to the finish line @motherlode

thx @jumpincactus - plenty of chairs and make all the noise ya want! lol

Consider looking at either sony or olympus's Micro 4/3 camera's.
Mirrorless is the way to go and the way of the future for camera's in my opinion. My fiancé shots with a pro Canon gear for a living and is constantly jealous of my little Oly.

White Russian 20 days inView attachment 494599

I am pretty much set on something from the sony A-SLT series - I have some really good minolta glass that works on the new sony prosumer line - really want an A77II but that isnt in the budget atm - these cameras utilize translucent mirrors that allow for continuous focus for video as well - another big point for me as I love to shoot video and and stoked at the idea of not needing 2 separate cameras

I really like those Olympus micro series - great bang for the buck in a nice compact form factor - thx for the suggestion - I would suggest the same for somebody just starting out - which Oly do you have?

thx to everyone for peeping this thread

Last edited:
Growin Grass

Growin Grass

I really like those Olympus micro series - great bang for the buck in a nice compact form factor - thx for the suggestion - I would suggest the same for somebody just starting out - which Oly do you have?

e-pm 2
3 axis sensor stabilizer
8 fpm (great for gifs)
I have canon FD glass that I can put on it
super lightweight and compact great for hiking

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
e-pm 2
3 axis sensor stabilizer
8 fpm (great for gifs)
I have canon FD glass that I can put on it
super lightweight and compact great for hiking

oh yeah thats a sweet setup - I was very hot on these when they came out - but was working with video a ton at the time so never pulled the trigger - think that was the first cam in its class to put the image stabilizer in the body instead of the lenses (which makes buying glass cheaper) and they also came up with the auto dust cleaner for the sensor - good shit - always liked Oly stuff

Hope you find a keeper in that group! I kept 4 out of 11 and slowly whittled it down to just one. She's lanky as hell and stretches something fierce....but my oh my does she put out.

nice man - I am gonna take my time finding the keeper from this batch - I have another pack but its second release (I assume OGR is on the third by now) and from what I read the first run seems to throw more fire leaning phenotypes and the second run is more white leaning

View attachment 494753

Beautiful can't wait to see more. That looks frosty already. Mine had that look few weeks back. Lovely.

Thx zepher - heres a better shot of the frost

not too shabby for day 25

Jsd 25

and here is a room shot also day 25

Room

zepherlight

zepherlight

Love to see early frost. The plants I have now we're some extremely frosty,sticky bagweed that a friend salvaged a few seeds from. They started showing frost two weeks into bloom. I've grown off and on for 35 yrs and this is the most trics I've ever seen on a plant. Still get a thrill from seeing frost. Lol

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Very nice work man. Not too shabby is definitely an understatement! They're all lookin great and praying hard

hey @CBDEMON - thank you bro - that jsd especially always has the leaves pointing up

picture perfect almost:)

if it wasnt for photoshop I wouldnt even post these pics they are so shitty - thx

Love to see early frost. The plants I have now we're some extremely frosty,sticky bagweed that a friend salvaged a few seeds from. They started showing frost two weeks into bloom. I've grown off and on for 35 yrs and this is the most trics I've ever seen on a plant. Still get a thrill from seeing frost. Lol

good trich development gets me me excited too - if you like frost then you will like this next shot

Looking good!

what up homie? - thx man - I was just up in the bay over the weekend - wish I had time to hook up with ya - hope all is well

glad to see u posting a journal man. you always bring the flame, Im subbed.
confu

thx bro - its good to be posting and chatting with all my internet home slices - I missed you guys

heres to bringing the flame one more time!

Gg 32

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sorry about the lack of updates - the lack of a real camera had me very unmotivated - luckily that will change here pretty quick - again I bought another sony a57 from ebay and this time the seller actually shipped the damn thing within an hour - got the body only for 215 with shipping - 100 dollars less then all the other body only kits - originally the guy offered it with a 800 dollar (sam 1650) lens as a kit for 500 bux - but he must have done some research and realized that the lens alone used was worth more than that bc he de-listed it before I could get the cash in the bank - thats ok as I really didnt have 500 to spend right now but would have bc that lens is the shit - especially for shooting video

the room is looking good - just hit day 49 and trichs are popping and buds are plumping - the smell hits you like a train when you open the door - cant wait to post some real pics next week

oh yeah one more thing - the cut I was given as Vergados (aka dr feelgood) is not that cut - my homie fucked up labeling somehow - was funny bc he kept asking me if it was purpling up and he didnt understand why it wasnt lol - turns out that strain is black lotus

Im not a big fan of the structure but even though there is a lot of space between nodes this thing seems to stack up pretty nice - it has the most intense lemon pledge smell and a very narcotic sleepy high (my homie kicked me a some samples) which I dig

Latest posts

Top Bottom