Question About Bog Strains

• Thread starter Dr Bob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr Bob

Hoping someone with familiarity with BOG's strains can help me out. I'm looking for the best medicine for back pain issues. I recently had spinal fusion surgery (to correct a long-time problem with my lower back -- partly due to a congenital spinal defect, and partly a result of an injury sustained many years ago). I'm looking for a strain that offers pain relief. Bonus points if it helps with muscle spasms (I'm currently taking a pharmaceutical muscle relaxant when I have a pain flare-up, and it seems to help...But I'd prefer going with a natural remedy).

I've read through most of the threads here. Picked up the last pack of Lifesaver beans just recently (to be started as soon as my current grow is finished). It sounds to me like Sour Bubble would also be a good strain to try, but I haven't seen any seeds of that one available here in a while. Both Sour Lifesaver and Sour Grape are available now, though...And from BOG's posts, it seems either (or both) could be promising.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with pain relief/muscle relaxant properties of SLS and/or SG (or other BOG strains I might have missed).

Of course, I'm open to trying non-BOG strains as well, if you've found them to be beneficial to you with respect to pain management. They would just need to be available in seed form, since I have pretty much zero access to clone-only strains.

Thanks in advance!

LeeMcGee

LeeMcGee

I have seven fusions and Sour Bubble is the best med I have ever found. I want to try his other strains as well, especially the Sour Lifesaver and Sour Boggle. Grapes is an awesome med as well with conissuer level taste. The Sour Bubble tests at over 25% and works well for spasms, pain, and I'm able to "function". Meaning it doesn't necessarily knock you out, or give couch lock. At the same time it can feel uplif ting to someone like us in constant pain. It's my favorite and I would be happy to smoke only that for the rest of my days. The smell goes to 11 so be warned it won't be easy to conceal. If you can't find what you need here, look for bog on instagram and contact him directly. Let me know how it all worKS oUT and hit me up for ?s. I've found less is more with the Bubble and no need to overfeed.

SourBubbleCuresAllMyTrouble edited 1
D

Dr Bob

I'd say bogglegum . but the ox or anything with the ox in it from rare dankness would be killer
Thanks, gravekat, I'll check out those RD strains you mentioned. Funny, I was just researching some of their gear yesterday. The one called Corn Bread had enough mentions of painkilling/muscle relaxant properties around the internets to pique my interest. It's Bubba Kush (Katsu cut) crossed with RD #2.

I'll look around for more info about those Ox crosses. Seeds of both Ox and Blue Ox are currently available from at least one online seed dealer (starts with "att")...And I've had no problems lately purchasing from them.

D

Dr Bob

LeeMcGee, thanks, I would definitely grab a few packs of SB seeds if they were available here. I've never been on Instagram. Maybe it's time to check it out.

I've actually almost ordered either Sour Lifesaver or Sour Grape within the last few weeks. You're saying the Grape is good medicine for pain (just not quite as good as Sour Bubble)? TBH, I think I'd really like the flavor and smell of the Sour Grape...BUT BOG himself has suggested on at least one occasion that Sour Lifesaver might be as strong a medicine as SB. However, I'm not sure if I recall him making any comparison between SB and Sour Grape.

LeeMcGee

LeeMcGee

The grapes has a great unique taste. It made a great tea and seemed impossible to cough from it. But, to me, Sour Bubble was in another league. The skunk is strong, the level of "you know you're high when your mouth is really dry", the nice even calming effect, and just the right amount of sedation to really help with pain. I quit all pain pills with the use of SB.
You don't have to get an instagram (I didn't ) account, just look for his email and go from there. Since you live in CA, you're golden.

D

Dr Bob

Yep. Ordered a few packs of Sour Bubble this past week. Mrs. BOG was super helpful.

Looking forward to growing out some SB as soon my current round of high-CBD strains (+ a few random others) is finished. I've been growing outdoors only for the last eight years...but I'm thinking about getting a small grow tent so I can start producing during the winter months again. Would likely run Sour Bubble on the first round in the tent.

D

Dr Bob

Yep...sooo easy to order beans from the BOGs.

I actually picked up a pack of Lifesaver along with two of SB. Might go ahead and order some more in the next few weeks, while they're in stock.

Never grown any BOG gear before, but I've tried MANY strains from other breeders that claim they're "good for pain" but provide little to no pain relief for me. These BOG strains, on the other hand, get positive reviews from multiple users...so SB and LS are the next ones I'll be growing (along with a Green Manalishi cross I picked up from sannie's seeds recently).

LeeMcGee

LeeMcGee

Let me know what you think in a few months. I really want to try the Lifester or even better the Sour Lifesaver. So a review on the LS would be much appreciated. I can tell you from experience that the SB runs better when I keep the nutes below 1000ppm. If you can let it veg longer and flower longer you will be rewarded. SB seems to like to take it slow to reach its max potential. Better buy some extra ONA and another carbon filter, or just tell the neighbors you keep seeing a family of skunks around. Mine started stinking when they where a few weeks old in veg so you can imagine what week 10 of flower smells like or a week of hanging.

LeeMcGee

LeeMcGee

From the looks of the size and color I'm guessing this was around week 5. You can barely pull your fingers apart from the glue like trichs. You'll have to clean your fiskars every ten minutes of trimming. The whole bag comes out stuck together when you reach for a nug. Did I mention it was sticky?

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

A little late but def Sour Bubble. I have the entire seed collection so far and the Sour Bubble is stellar but all of BOGs strains are pretty damn good. The ice hash BOG makes from the Sour Bubble has been my back pain reliever for some time now. Also, a little does go a long way with the Sour Bubble, a good soil mix and some very light feeding is all she'll need. I put some outside and they grew eight feet tall with huge rock nugs, she's a beast.

clutch419

clutch419

I have ran bog seeds for a few years now.
I am more than impressed with them.
Sour boggle is by far the best one
Sour grape second
Boggle gum
Blue moon rocks is great if you get the right phenotype
Sour strawberry but don't expect a big yield but taste and quality makes up for the weight
Life saver
Sweet and sour Cindy
In order on how I like them.

Krippie94

Krippie94

I'd say bogglegum . but the ox or anything with the ox in it from rare dankness would be killer
What up Kat...it's Krypto. I had to sign up again under another screen name for some reason. Maybe because I hadn't been on in awhile...
can't really chime in on the BOG gear unfortunately. But looking to run some soon...
My 2 cents would be Harle-Tsu.
Ours is exellent for pain and anxiety.

casperd

casperd

I have ran bog seeds for a few years now.
I am more than impressed with them.
Sour boggle is by far the best one
Sour grape second
Boggle gum
Blue moon rocks is great if you get the right phenotype
Sour strawberry but don't expect a big yield but taste and quality makes up for the weight
Life saver
Sweet and sour Cindy
In order on how I like them.
whats the most stinky whats the most couch lock best taste ?

I

ilterpgeek

I remember small amounts of Sour Boggle and Sour Double in my area back in the day. Was the type of stuff you would be lucky to grab an 1/8 or quarter of because it would sell out so quickly. Pretty sure BOG is from Michigan and I wasn't that far away from there so I am not sure if thats why it was around.

Top Bottom