Question about calmag anyone help?

• Thread starter Deforced
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deforced

Deforced

Just a quick question, basically I've vegged my plants for a while now and it says to add calmag at 1ml a litre for prolonged vegetative, now I'm pretty sure I've got a clamag deficiency but if I add 1ml a litre then my ec is already reached, is it OK to add calmag and then no base nutrients? It just doesn't seem right to just add calmag and no base nutrients that's all. Thanks

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Feeding calmag with no other nutrients is not an issue.
Actually feeding calmag without other nutes can aid in uptake. Calcium can interfere with uptake of other nutrients. Also other nutrients can interfere with the uptake of calcium ...

@Deforced If you can post pictures and an entire run-down on your grow including grow medium, lighting, soil pH (if in soil) and watering habits, we'll be able to be of more help.

Deforced

Deforced

Thanks for the help guys, so I'm about to do a res change, I will give you a rundown of what my stats are.
I'm growing in coco claypebbles 60/40 mix
I'm running a flood and drain system, I never let the coco dry out always kept watered regular as I had problems when letting dry back.
Temps 26°c
Humidity 50%
Currently put in flower 2days ago because I'm moving over to a RDWC system next.
Canna a+b coco feed, adding vitalink calmag too, I was thinking of upping the calmag hence this question.
Ph is at 5.8-6.1 drifting between.
EC is 1.0 but keeps rising and then stays at 1.1-1.2 so maybe a lockout?
By the way there are no bugs at all.
My stems seem to have gone really purple at the top, this always happens every single time, I have began to think that maybe they get rootbound in the 10.5litre pots they are in? The problems occur just before I introduce them to flower like really purple stems from the top, I did give them a foliar of epsom salt around 5days ago but no change. I will attach a photo. Thanks

Deforced

Deforced

Thanks for the help guys, so I'm about to do a res change, I will give you a rundown of what my stats are.
I'm growing in coco claypebbles 60/40 mix
I'm running a flood and drain system, I never let the coco dry out always kept watered regular as I had problems when letting dry back.
Temps 26°c
Humidity 50%
Currently put in flower 2days ago because I'm moving over to a RDWC system next.
Canna a+b coco feed, adding vitalink calmag too, I was thinking of upping the calmag hence this question.
Ph is at 5.8-6.1 drifting between.
EC is 1.0 but keeps rising and then stays at 1.1-1.2 so maybe a lockout?
By the way there are no bugs at all.
My stems seem to have gone really purple at the top, this always happens every single time, I have began to think that maybe they get rootbound in the 10.5litre pots they are in? The problems occur just before I introduce them to flower like really purple stems from the top, I did give them a foliar of epsom salt around 5days ago but no change. I will attach a photo. Thanks
Sorry I forgot to mention, they are around 10weeks vegetative stage. The symptoms start to appear later on so am I right in thinking up the calmag on my res change now or would you suggest they get rootbound?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Sorry I forgot to mention, they are around 10weeks vegetative stage. The symptoms start to appear later on so am I right in thinking up the calmag on my res change now or would you suggest they get rootbound?
There is a lockout,maybe you are watering too much and drowning the roots?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Here's where I gracefully bow out. I am a soil gardner. You'll be better served by someone who runs coco/hydro style grows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom