Question about carbon filter

• Thread starter Bagger McGuirk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bagger McGuirk

I have a grow room that is 4.5' wide x 8' long x 7' high, so 252 cubic feet. I have a 6" Vortex fan, so, what size carbon filter should I get? Any ideas to a size and make?
I need help fast! My wife is spitting nails about the smell. The grow room is in my garage.

T

thc4sim

Just get ya self a decent filter, one of the ones you can get refilled..
you will need a filter the size of your extraction fan idealy..

get it done as soon as you can!!,
and dont go for the cheap option as you will still have a grow smell

so is your 6" Vortex your extractor?? not sure how good these are at pulling the air through the filter... ive always used the ruk fans with no probs..

hope you get sorted...

B

Billy82

it depends if the filter is in the grow room I would get one as big as the space allowed without getting in the way of any thing else.

if the filter is mounted or sitting outside the room options open. as for size and make: you shouldn't need a huge one, a middle size one should work. I use Can-Filter. Just go to your local grow shop they should have what you need. Good luck

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

1000 cubic fan.. and a 1000cubic can filter.. its a must...

B

Bagger McGuirk

Yes the Vortex as the extractor. Is there a problem using it in such a manner?

The fan is rated at 447 cfm.

After reading some of the responses, I was leaning towards the CAN-50.

Also, I will install the filter inside of the room, is that the most effient? Or should it go on the outside? I have the room outside of the room.

My local hydro store carries only the Can-Filters.

I need this asap. I needed to file a ploice report yesterday, some asshole thinks they are me and is charging shit on my ATM?visa account, bank wanted police report, local PD comes to your house, they don't want you at the station! I created a good bullshit story!
Went to station and waited 30 minutes to see an officer.

I'm scared they may show up at my house for a follow up interview un-announced!

I can't afford to go out and buy more fans, I bought the Vortex off Craigs list for only $40 US. The gentleman was selling a bunch of stuff from a very large commercial bust. He was selling 1000w hps Sun Light Cool Ray with the ballast for $180, so i bought that also. The bulb is a Hortilux bulb. I think I got a good deal.
So, any more suggestions?
I need to go out today to get what I need, and fast! i don't know what would be worse, my wife of 27years pissed at me, or the LEO's.:sad0071:

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I ran the Can_Fan Max series rated at 427cfm and it handled my room fine, very similar fan as compared to the Vortex you have. Pick up a Can 50 or Can 66 filter and you'll be good to go.

jj

mace

mace

For 252 cubic feet?

is that overkill? Or just extra insurance?
Yeah, most likely that's serious overkill, anything over 3 times the area per minute is way beyond what you need.

I have a grow tent right now that i need to find a smaller fan for. My 6 " inline eclispe is WAY TOO MUCH POWER. sucks in the sides like the mouth of a $20 whore. I have a 10" vortex but i think that might acutally swallow the tent whole.

B

Bagger McGuirk

I ran the Can_Fan Max series rated at 427cfm and it handled my room fine, very similar fan as compared to the Vortex you have. Pick up a Can 50 or Can 66 filter and you'll be good to go.

jj

Thank you Jadin!

Yeah, most likely that's serious overkill, anything over 3 times the area per minute is way beyond what you need.

I have a grow tent right now that i need to find a smaller fan for. My 6 " inline eclispe is WAY TOO MUCH POWER. sucks in the sides like the mouth of a $20 whore. I have a 10" vortex but i think that might acutally swallow the tent whole.

HeHe LOL! Thanks Mace.
I'm heading out the door now! It will be the 50 or the 66.
This is why I signed up for this website!:cool0044:

B

boxmunch9

no such thing as over kill. I've noticed that the quicker the air gets outta the room the less it will smell. The air in my 14x10ft room gets changed 2x a minute its like my room is a prarie wind just swooping through and i have never had a single scent of herb. Go buy it dude ,filters are a must with the PD is stoppin by or not

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey gopers. I'd go with the Can66. It's better to go big than under. The 66 works well with my HO 6" inline.

edited to say, good luck with all the other BS in your life.

J

Jalisco Kid

A larger fan will give you more circulation, but there is a point of diminishing returns. You need a certain amount contact time with the carbon. A 10" fan on a can50 would be a waste of electricity, but will work fine in a sealed room. Smell will not all be removed if venting outside though. Suerte JK

Rule # 642 Growers should always keep their women well stocked with a smile on their face. Plants suffer when the ole lady's not happy.

B

Bagger McGuirk

Thank you everyone!
My local hydro shop had the CAN-50 in for $199. They also had Hydrofarms labeled products.
The owner gave me a deal on the CAN-50, he sold it to me for $133! Sweet! He had other CAN's available, but they were the small ones. I got the last 50. Stopped at Home Depot to pick up the hardware needed to install it. I live in the mountains, so I won't run it through the light, that will be in the warmer months.
I will post pictures later. This is my first indoor grow.
I have done the outdoor just last year. The wife OK'd me to grow since I'm a medical patient.
I have been off the prescription opiates for over 8 months! I was on the pain killers for over 3 years.
Again, thank you everyone for the sage advice!

Latest posts

Top Bottom