Question about clones with long roots

• Thread starter oglovinlife18
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oglovinlife18

ok so i just got some og clones in the mail ......i kno im excited to get this one going lol.....but the thing is that the roots are super long and i have to put them in rockwool should i trim the roots down or just stick em in and kinda spiral the roots around will the get root bound if i do this?

M

mitsu.one

Premium Member
Supporter
You can do either,as long as the cut is happy it will keep producing roots...mitsu

O

oglovinlife18

what do you mean by happy is it better to cut em tho tho wont get root bound if i just put it in

R

rounders02

either way will work in my opinion, i would not worry about rootbound, cause your going to end up planting a pot or growbag etc. but to make it easier to fit them in you can cut them wont hurt them may stall them a bit but wont hurt them...Goodluck...happy growing

O

oglovinlife18

thanx guys for the help i think i am just going to leave em i am going to clone em as soon as they get bigger ne way

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Not sure why you say that you "have to" put them in rockwool. It's very possible to place rooted clones directly into your medium and they will do just fine without any rockwool.

Here's how I transplanted some Arcata Train Wreck clones this week, hope it helps.

jj

5 13 09 006
5 13 09 002
5 13 09 003
M

mitsu.one

Premium Member
Supporter
Happy= healthy. I would do the same, plant it, let it grow, take some cuts etc...mitsu

O

oglovinlife18

yeah but i use rock wool as my medium and the hydroton would need more watering and it would mak my others not balanced kinda wanted to keep it all the same nice and simple

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
yeah but i use rock wool as my medium and the hydroton would need more watering and it would mak my others not balanced kinda wanted to keep it all the same nice and simple

makes perfectly good sense, I have in the past taken a sharp knife a split a rockwool cube, placed the clone inside then gently tied a string back around it. Just an idea my friend, hope your clone grows strong.

jj

O

oglovinlife18

they are doing ok i guess now ...i dont kno about the ppm tho normally i just have it at 1200 wen i get a fresh batch of clonesd this time i dont kno some looked nute burned is this to high?

P

punkadc

im no expert, but 1200 ppm seems pretty high for a young clone to me

just my thoughts, i hope you get everyhthing worked out! :)

O

oglovinlife18

well the clones whe shiped in the mail 4 6 days with no lights they all have super long roots what do u guys think is 800 still to high should i bring it down to 6 for the next week or so?

O

oglovinlife18

thanx bro yeah i always just start them a t 1200 and bring it up to 1500 they always do fin this time they didnt they doing alot better now ill try and get some pics

S

snowkitty

if you don't mind me asking, how do you get clones in the mail? Are they rooted in an aero cloner and them placed in ?? for transport? I always thought the only way to get them was through a club in a state where it is legal or through a friend...didn't know you could mail them reliably...

Top Bottom