question about flowering?

• Thread starter shift00420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shift00420

hey all, i have 3 girls in third week of flower and i think the buds should be larger compared to other grows ive seen. so my question is,:thinking does the transition week when you induce the plant into flowering count as a week of flowering in the so called 8 week flowering period? if so then my girls look a little small but if not they look good.

pokey

pokey

well for one you should have you ph balanced to 6.0 for soil and the first week of the light change is slow but i dont really count it as a week of flower maybe some people do. make sure you have your nutes all in order too. i think your probably just doing the "wish my bud was as big as that guys" thing that we all do

S

shift00420

your probably right, i have seen buds on here the size of soda cans at around 4 weeks of flower and im nowhere close to that. my ph is in check always around 6-6.2 and i am running fox farm nutes ,budswell, and kabloom powder. not counting the transition week im in the 2nd week of flower. either way ill have good smoke, i just need to work on quantity. thanx for the reply!!!

S

supasticky

Just wait it out. Some plants look like nothings going on and then you go check on them one day and your like 'Holy Shit'! What strain is it?

S

shift00420

ive got ak48 and just put 2 cali big bang in the flower room. as soon as trhe camera batteries r charged ill post some pics

P

Park

i count from the day i flip to 12/12
i've also noticed that clones taken from fully mature female plants that are ready to flower respond faster to flipping the light to 12/12.
some times maybe if we flip them too soon then you notice the popcorn buds at 3 weeks instead of buds getting ready to fill in the branch.

thats all it is man, every strain is different and most plants from seed are different.
clones in one room to a different room can be different too.

one of the hardest things to do is to wait till things are in place and ready.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
24 hours after I set my timer is day 1, some guys say the exact day you set your timer to 12 is day 1. Fine if you wait till 7 days after the flip if ya want (don't know any one that does) but just be consistant with every variety and every grow. That way you have something to look back on and say "hey, these girls did this at that age, but these haven't". It's a measure of comparison is all. Plants are ready when the trich's start to change.

jj

S

shift00420

thanx for the feedback. basically i have been checking out grows that pigfarmer has been posting and by day 30 his shit is the size of beer cans and mine are a little bigger than popcorn buds. its all trial and error for me although my timeline on this grow is farther along then my last grow

A

arikjay

my plants seem to gain the most weight during the last weeks before i flush. buds three weeks into flower still have quite a bit of flowering left to do.

S

shift00420

here we go some pics let me know what u think
CIMG2802

CIMG2803

CIMG2804

S

supasticky

what kind of light do you use? ultimately, light is what affects yield. It does not affect quality though. the buds themselves look very good. Have you thought of using a bloom stimulator type nutrient to beef them up?

S

shift00420

I just hit them with some bushmaster today so we'll see how it goes. currently i only have them under a 400hps but plan on getting a 1000 in a few weeks. from what i have read the more light= more bud. this is only my second grow and as u can see in my avitar the first was lacking luster but i had good genetics so it worked out fine.

S

supasticky

well with a 400 you definitely want to utilize all the light so you should have mylar or white walls yadayada to reflect the light off.

S

shift00420

i got all those bases covered with my tent wrapped in b/w polly. my nute. list is ff grow big,tiger bloom, budswell, and koolbloom powder 2-45-28, and i just added some bushmaster to the mix today. ph is 6-6.3 in coco and my ppm r around 1300. the koolbloom i only do every other feeding and im going to do the bushmaster 1 more time in a week. my buddy at the shop said it will make the buds fatten up instead of stretch. we'll see

S

supasticky

Do you have Co2 or at least fresh air from outside going through there? If it's just air from outside you should have a filter on it too.

S

shift00420

i have fresh venting from outside with 160cfm and a vent out of the tent at 265cfm on a timer. the 160 pushes air constant while lights r on and the 265 is on for a 1/2 hr every hr while light is on. no filter on the air coming in only a backdraft defuser

S

shift00420

its ak48 . im trying to be patient but i just seems that bud production has either slowed or plateau off .

Latest posts

Top Bottom