Question about H2O2 dilution for soil drench

• Thread starter drinkingcoffeeinmaine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drinkingcoffeeinmaine

drinkingcoffeeinmaine

Is a 1:10 ration of 35% H2O2 and distilled H2O what’s recommended for soil application?

mancorn

mancorn

Is a 1:10 ration of 35% H2O2 and distilled H2O what’s recommended for soil application?
That would make it a 3.5%, which is close (3%) what you normally get from the drug store (and you can use that as a mouth wash). But it’s normally used as a spray, why are you using it as a soil drench?

drinkingcoffeeinmaine

drinkingcoffeeinmaine

That would make it a 3.5%, which is close (3%) what you normally get from the drug store (and you can use that as a mouth wash). But it’s normally used as a spray, why are you using it as a soil drench?
I had noticed some fungus gnats and had been looking into incorporating h2o2 into IPM

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hydrogen Peroxide is great for getting oxygen to your roots. If you suspect your roots are not able to breathe because the soil is too compact or theres no holes in the pot, then spray a small amount of 3% on it.
To get rid of fungus gnats, let the soil dry out more between waterings. They breed in the moisture.

Last edited:
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I had noticed some fungus gnats and had been looking into incorporating h2o2 into IPM
Maybe in a soiless or type of hydro system that isnt relying on microbes.

H202 does things to P it binds it up into a very insoluble form.

Soil shouldnt be getting h202...i used it before but watchednit destroy my microbes at .5% yeah, .5% was all i used....it will wipe out fungus gnat larvae though. And pretty quick too....this is not for soil nor is it for organics

Use organocide or something oil based...it should suffocate them.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

The normal bottles of peroxide from the store is 3% and that is supposed to be diluted down significantly when using it as a soil drench. I use it for my peat/perlite mix at 10ml/500ml nutrient solution, so I would not use 1:10 ratio of 35% h202, I think it should be closer to 1:500.

It will kill beneficials in the soil, so only use it if you have too. Then you should also think about adding bennies back into the soil afterwards. I use 100% synthetic so I am not worried about it, but if you rely on organic nutrients in the soil, you will need to add something back somehow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom