Question about humidity control in tent.

• Thread starter MercDod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MercDod

MercDod

I am having trouble dialing in the RH in my 4X4 tent. I am in flower but my humidity goes up to about 61RH with lights on at about 80 degrees. I want to keep it below 50 RH. I run a dehumidifier in my lung room set at 35 (lowest setting), which keeps the lung room at about 35-40 rh. Can I and should I, cover the exposed coco coir in the cloth pot? Will this help to reduce the humidity? Any other suggestions? I heard of some that put the dehumidifier inside the tent but with the air being exchanged so quickly with inline fans, I don't think it would make any difference. Your thoughts?

Regards
First Grow

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Do you have an adjustable exhaust fan? If so, kick it up a notch.

Do you know your temp or RH during lights-out? I would imagine RH is a lot higher than 60 if your temperatures drop.

MercDod

MercDod

Do you have an adjustable exhaust fan? If so, kick it up a notch.

Do you know your temp or RH during lights-out? I would imagine RH is a lot higher than 60 if your temperatures drop.
Actually the RH is in range at cooler temps, only goes up when temp does.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
This is why they say "you are your own enemy!" maybe you should read this before you assume your RH is bad just cuz you want it at 50%
Save it, print it, and frame it above your bed lol
Plant enviroment

DanC520

DanC520

My guess is it’s something to do with your exhaust fan. I run similar set up. 4x4 tent w/ lung room @ 10/15 % lower rh than my target for in tent. I use ac infinity 6in fan with the separate Bluetooth controller. Have it set to kick on if rh goes above target. Haven’t really had issues thus far.

Only other ideas are either lung room too small, probably not the case, or dehumidifier not strong enough to handle it when lights out. Good luck!

Top Bottom