question about light fan size

• Thread starter bigdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigdawg

bigdawg

what size light cooling fan (cfm) would I need for a 600 watt MH light in a sealed sunleaves XL reflector, all in a 4' x 4' x 8' tall grow closet?? hood has 8" dia. connections on it, but can reduce it down for smaller, more efficient fan. any ideas??? oh...also in minnesota basement. :anim_30::rastadancing::character0111:

L

livinglegend

you just need a decent 6 or 8 inch vortex fan. nothing too big.
and a decent amount of fresh air coming in.

B

Blkhwk

I was going to try and use two of those in line duct fans? One sucking in the air towards the light, and the other exhausting it out? Are those shit fans, or you think it would work? The vortex fans run 100-150 bucks for a decent one right? the inlines are only like 30 bucks a peice i think.

bigdawg

bigdawg

that's what I'm wonder'in too! I want to run a seperate exhaust fan with charcoal filter (can 33 combo). just wondering howmuch airflow a 600 watt MH light would need to keep it cool. would love to use a cheap duct fan, and I know those vortex fans are high dollar! but doin it right is doin it right!:rauch08:

H

heater

I was going to try and use two of those in line duct fans? One sucking in the air towards the light, and the other exhausting it out? Are those shit fans, or you think it would work? The vortex fans run 100-150 bucks for a decent one right? the inlines are only like 30 bucks a peice i think.

Inline axial fans can not overcome the static pressure, such as long duct runs bends etc. your light hood also adds static to the equation.
Vortex does good with static that is why its good for filter lights etc.:rauch08:

Top Bottom