Question about Natures living soil

• Thread starter Wrangler1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wrangler1

Wrangler1

Is their concentrate the typical Subcool recipe only using Worm Castings without the potting soil? This is a small batch recipe and it calls for 10 gallons of potting soil and 3-6 pounds of worm castings. so, what I am asking is if I use the 3-6 pounds without adding the soil, will that make a similar concentrate. Anything you would add or take away from this mix.

Subcool’s Super Soil Recipe Improved, Small Batch :

• 1 ten gallon bag of high quality Organic Potting Soil Such as “Roots Organic Soil”
  • 3 to 6 pounds of Organic Earthworm Castings (1 lb. of casting = about 1 gal.)
  • 10 ounces of Blood Meal ( 10 oz. of blood meal = about 1 & 1/2 cups)
  • 10 ounces of Bloom Bat Guano ( 10 oz. of guano = about 1 cup)
  • 10 ounces Fish Bone Meal ( 10 oz. of bone meal = about 1 cup)
  • 6 ounces Rock Phosphate
  • 1&1/2 tablespoons Epsom Salt (magnesium sulfate)
  • 2 tablespoons or 1 oz. (liquid measure)of Dolomite Lime
  • 1 tablespoons or 1/2 oz. (liquid measure) of Azomite (trace elements)
  • 1 teaspoon of powdered Humic Acid

Wrangler1

Wrangler1

Since I cannot find an edit button, this is an edit of the first post
Natures Living Soil?

Is their concentrate the typical Subcool recipe only using Worm Castings without the potting soil? I cut this recipe down to .33%=4 cubic small batch recipe, so it calls for 10 gallons of potting soil and 3-6 pounds of worm castings. so, what I am asking is if I use the 3-6 pounds without adding the soil, will that make a similar concentrate. Anything you would add or take away from this mix.

New 'Super Soil' Recipe by Subcool - Makes ~12 ft3. (paramount seeds recipe)
  • 8 – 1.5 ft3 bags of high quality base soil
  • 1 – 33lb. bag of Worm Castings
  • 2.5 lbs. Fish Bone Meal
  • 5 lbs. High Phosphorus Bat Guano
  • 5 lbs. Blood Meal
  • 2.5 lbs. Bone Meal
  • 3 cups. Oyster Shell
  • 3 cups. Kelp Meal
  • 3 cups Alfalfa Meal
  • 3/4 cup Epsom Salt
  • 1 cup Dolomite Lime
  • 2 cups Azomite
  • 2 TBS powdered Humic Acid

Oldman13

Oldman13

Did I put this in the right section.
Hell if I know? I never I seem too know where I'm at here ! I'm always lost! I'm telling you I'm so lost usually I don't even attempt to find my way around or try to get out because all I can do is get even more lost!
It's no fun being lost in the land of Lost with no way out ...I tried leaving a trail of bread crumbs, but just like Hansel and Gretel something eats them every time!
I tried Pebbles but it's like they just sink into the ground and Argon forever? I don't dare leave a trail of doobies or stinky smelly b u d s, I do believe the both of us knows what would happen to them Within a place like this.
....😲 And oh my god dude watch out sometimes there's some kind of a Whirlwind that whips up all of a sudden around here it will pick you up and take you to who knows where and it's not easy finding your way back to the same place in the Land of the Lost😖👣👣⏩⏫🔀⏬💫😰

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Is their concentrate the typical Subcool recipe only using Worm Castings without the potting soil? I cut this recipe down to .33%=4 cubic small batch recipe, so it calls for 10 gallons of potting soil and 3-6 pounds of worm castings. so, what I am asking is if I use the 3-6 pounds without adding the soil, will that make a similar concentrate. Anything you would add or take away from this mix.
Adding the potting soil is critical. Growing in pure worm castings is not advised.

But any super soil recipe depends on some key circumstances of yours. What will you be watering with? Are you using RO or tap or well water?

That recipe has too much P, lacks biochar or at least some soil biology, and looks like a formulation for irrigating with hard water. It only has about 0.75 kg of calcium total (mainly from the dolomite, oyster flour, fish bone meal, and bat guano) or 62`grams per cubic yard or 300 mg Ca per gallon. That's fine with hard well water with 100+ ppm Ca but I recommend additional calcium if you've got less than that. I add ~4 grams (4000 mg) Ca per gallon of soil (about 1 tsp gypsum) for plants with 2-3 weeks veg time from transplanting and I'm using well water with 60ppm Ca and virtually no additional Ca inputs. We recently did a study to see if the additional Ca was needed and we found that without it our yields would drop 25%-50%. Additional calcium had a slight reduction in yield, suggesting we have got this dialed in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom