Question About Plant That Grows 3 Leaf Blades.

• Thread starter CanadaSeeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

I grew out some chronic seeds from serious seeds. out of all of them 1 grew with 3 blade leafs. all the way up threw flowering. as far as im concerned it wasn't caused by the growing environment, i would say it's genetic. nowhere on the plant is there more than 3 leafs at a time on the bud sites and the fan leafs. The really cool thing is she grew 3 beautiful seeds :). without any males being present and im quite sure it wasn't from pollen traveling in the wind cause my other plants wouldbe been seeded. also this plant seems to flower straight up the main stem, no side branching.. early finisher too was ready before all my other plants. I'm curious if the seeds will also grow 3 leaf plants. what are you guys' thoughts? wish i had some pics altho ill go through my files i might have some.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Will the seeds grow at all if no males were present? Would they not be un fertilizer?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I grew out some chronic seeds from serious seeds. out of all of them 1 grew with 3 blade leafs. all the way up threw flowering. as far as im concerned it wasn't caused by the growing environment, i would say it's genetic. nowhere on the plant is there more than 3 leafs at a time on the bud sites and the fan leafs. The really cool thing is she grew 3 beautiful seeds :). without any males being present and im quite sure it wasn't from pollen traveling in the wind cause my other plants wouldbe been seeded. also this plant seems to flower straight up the main stem, no side branching.. early finisher too was ready before all my other plants. I'm curious if the seeds will also grow 3 leaf plants. what are you guys' thoughts? wish i had some pics altho ill go through my files i might have some.
Read my thread, some lines just do this. IIRC, the heavy OG lines. I don't grow those lines out, so I've only seen it a couple of times from seed, and only this past year, year and a half in fact (when I decided to try growing out something different than what I usually go for, heavy Sativas). Others who've seen this for years posted in the thread.

It's in my signature line.

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

good info on your thread sea! I've actually had plants do that a few times, a cheese and girl scout cookies.. from light stress. But I'm 100% sure this plant was unstressed everything went right it was clearly a genetic trait. The flowers were beautiful from this plant.. i think if one could stabilize the trait it could be good for growers who have issues with mildew and molds or bugs also for discreet growers because it's a fast finisher and doesn't really grow side branches I'm gonna pop one of the seeds tonight to find out what's up.. let's hope for 3 leafs.. i have a strong feeling it will be.

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

There wouldn't even be a seed without some male pollen coming from somewhere, sounds like it hermed and threw at least one male flower somewhere that caused the seeds to appear. Seeds will likely be female but, will also likely carry herm traits, just keep an eye on them.
nah man,, selfed just like alot of plants ive had that have self seeded like @cannabeans said, cannabis survival trait.. if there is not male pollen present the female can grow seeds as a last ditch effort to propagate. No hermies.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Yes... Cannabis has a "survival mode" in which a female plant will "self" itself to ensure the plant species will survive. The resulting seed should be female, and should be similar to the plant in which it came from.
That's amazing. Iv learned something new now. Thank you for the reply.
Survival mode is another way of saying herm lol. If its a female that grows male parts thats the definition of a herm, hence the name, hermaphrodite. She-he..
He-she lol...anyways. Thats my two cents. No worries either way. Peace!

Oh btw theres OG lines that throw three leaf, when i wasnt providing the right spectrum or amount of light (my baby steps of indoor growing lol) my ghost og would not only throw three, but two and one. Once i switched it over to HPS for flower it began throwing 4 5 etc... Stopped throwing 1, 2, ... But kept throwing three finger leaves here and there. It was at this time i found @Seamaiden 's thread and discovered it was totally normal for OG's and certain other genetics in perfect health to throw the 3 leaf.

Hope this helps!
Respect

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
Yeah i agree, the female doesnt make seeds by magic, it puts out some male parts that give pollen and it fucks itself. Thats the source of the roadkill seed i have, its from a selfed grow from the 90's. It needs some breeding to unlock the real roadkill though.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

So were my questions valid then. I can't get my head round seeds with no pollen sorry. Has anyone got any valid info on this idea of seeds without a male? Or seeds that can grow with out a male to pollinate first?

M

motz

Seeds cannot be made without pollen from some source, go back and read your biology lessons.
The only way that happens is outside source or herms. .
When it does if it is a herm and it throws just a few male flowers the outcome should be all female beans.
People there are books on this subject, pick one up and read it. This is 8th grade biology stuff.
Do not believe everything you read on here.
@Seamaiden I respected you better than that.

M

motz

Google it, don't need a book.
Some new growers on here have no idea how far pollen can fly.
There is such a thing of a flower site having both male/female flowers coming out of the same site.
Now you're coming up with an immaculate conception for Pete's sake.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Google it, don't need a book.
Some new growers on here have no idea how far pollen can fly.
There is such a thing of a flower site having both male/female flowers coming out of the same site.
Now you're coming up with an immaculate conception for Pete's sake.
Pollen can wind travel for miles and miles. It can also travel long distance via the insects that get pollen attached as they feed and travel.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
good info on your thread sea! I've actually had plants do that a few times, a cheese and girl scout cookies.. from light stress. But I'm 100% sure this plant was unstressed everything went right it was clearly a genetic trait. The flowers were beautiful from this plant.. i think if one could stabilize the trait it could be good for growers who have issues with mildew and molds or bugs also for discreet growers because it's a fast finisher and doesn't really grow side branches I'm gonna pop one of the seeds tonight to find out what's up.. let's hope for 3 leafs.. i have a strong feeling it will be.
Then it sounds like you're growing out something with those OG genetics to me. Like I said, I've only JUST had seedlings do this to me, just this past year, and it was because I forced myself to grow outside my usual boundaries.
So were my questions valid then. I can't get my head round seeds with no pollen sorry. Has anyone got any valid info on this idea of seeds without a male? Or seeds that can grow with out a male to pollinate first?
A seed cannot be made without pollen. Otherwise we're talking virgin birth--impossible with an ovum only. Likely the female plant threw some male flowers and pollinated herself. What those seeds might be like, feminized as some say, or more hermie-prone as I believe, is another issue.
Seeds cannot be made without pollen from some source, go back and read your biology lessons.
The only way that happens is outside source or herms. .
When it does if it is a herm and it throws just a few male flowers the outcome should be all female beans.
People there are books on this subject, pick one up and read it. This is 8th grade biology stuff.
Do not believe everything you read on here.
@Seamaiden I respected you better than that.
Past tense? What'd I say? :/

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Then it sounds like you're growing out something with those OG genetics to me. Like I said, I've only JUST had seedlings do this to me, just this past year, and it was because I forced myself to grow outside my usual boundaries.

A seed cannot be made without pollen. Otherwise we're talking virgin birth--impossible with an ovum only. Likely the female plant threw some male flowers and pollinated herself. What those seeds might be like, feminized as some say, or more hermie-prone as I believe, is another issue.

Past tense? What'd I say? :/
While I agree that you cant have seeds without pollenization I just recently smoked some weed called the "Immaculate Conception" strain. Every time I smoked it I got a bright light and a halo effect around my head. Be sure to be on look out at a dispo near you soon....... LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom