Question about recylculating air

• Thread starter nemgrower202
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nemgrower202

nemgrower202

No you don't. The plants eat up the co2, so turn your co2 off 2-3 hours before the night cycle and in a 10kw room your co2 levels will be back down to around 400-500ppms.

The venting is just for you, to increase control over your environment. For example, if you water your plants and the room get really humid. Or if humidity spikes at night time, you are going to want to expel the humid air and replenish with dry air to mitigate and mold issued etc...

You dehumidifier may not be up to the task by its self. And maybe your A/C needs a little help dropping temps down a few degrees.

Having a ventilation system can minimize electrical consumption and be that extra help you need to maintain a proper environment at will.

The ventilation can run every 5 minutes for 1 minute, or every 20 minutes for 4 minutes etc... Just for extra control.
Ah ok, so basically i just add a small extractor with a timer.
I guess that would be optimal but i'm also thinking I should run the lights during the day since my lights will be aircooled and the room will have full ac on it will be easier to work and observe the environment.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Not sure what the deal with fresh air intake comes from.
This is a completely sealed room 4ton package unit for cooling
0DAD40F3 EBB6 47AC BEDC CF4B6A9B97FB

Carbon filter scrubbed in the room. 4 gavitas ran at 1150w with a titan 2-co2 controller. The titan RO is set at 1500ppm maxes at 2000ppm and shuts down when it hits 2000. The controller only turns on when lights are on plants do not ingest co2 when it’s dark. I ran this room with no fresh air intake whatsoever and had no issues.
3AAB2E31 E33F 4B34 81F8 3184110A8EA9

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
In the background on the left is supply and return the unit never pulled outside air into the sealed room.

FTCG

FTCG

The plants create fresh air, all thats needed is sufficient plant mass to do so.

I run a room with no ventilation as well. 6000w with a 3 fan watercooled air chiller.

I'm just saying he may need some additional control over the environment.

Definitely not a necessity. But he wants 10kw's. I don't use air cooled reflectors, so I am always thinking adjust-a-wings.

He may not even need an ac if the aircooled reflectors are vented properly.

Not sure if it is a sealed room at that point.

nemgrower202

nemgrower202

Yeah no fresh air intake, the ac provides that. They are referring to exhausting air to reduce humidity but i never seen that in any closed ventilation setup anywhere so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom