Question About Small Grow - So Cal

• Thread starter gardner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gardner

I've been offered to grow out of a small (apx 450 sq ft) apartment in the LA area by the owner of a small building (just one other tenant and pretty private space). It really looks kind of ideal for this type of thing. I can do whatever I need to the place to make it work, but the owner is definitely wanting this to be legit/legal.

If I do 6 big scrogged 4x4ish spaced flowering plants, that seems to fall under prop 64, 21+ cultivation guidelines. But, I'm not legally allowed to sell any of the product, is that right?

I see lots of talk about how difficult it is to move product in ca now, but what if I genuinely have top shelf gear I've had tested at mid 20's percent wise for thc and have strains that are in demand for the area I'm in? Do I just seek to make connections with dispensaries?

Would it be better for me to get a medical card and grow that way? Any suggestions, links or guidance appreciated. I've grown for several years in another state under the radar... but want to make this as legit as possible.. if at all possible.

I checked local guidelines for medical growing and this particular city is very cannabis friendly overall.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I've been offered to grow out of a small (apx 450 sq ft) apartment in the LA area by the owner of a small building (just one other tenant and pretty private space). It really looks kind of ideal for this type of thing. I can do whatever I need to the place to make it work, but the owner is definitely wanting this to be legit/legal.

If I do 6 big scrogged 4x4ish spaced flowering plants, that seems to fall under prop 64, 21+ cultivation guidelines. But, I'm not legally allowed to sell any of the product, is that right?

I see lots of talk about how difficult it is to move product in ca now, but what if I genuinely have top shelf gear I've had tested at mid 20's percent wise for thc and have strains that are in demand for the area I'm in? Do I just seek to make connections with dispensaries?

Would it be better for me to get a medical card and grow that way? Any suggestions, links or guidance appreciated. I've grown for several years in another state under the radar... but want to make this as legit as possible.. if at all possible.

I checked local guidelines for medical growing and this particular city is very cannabis friendly overall.
first all dont worry about the law,be more worried about the gangs setup shop around there,you dont want to move into something you cant deal wit,second all ,i wouldnt setup shop that way,to much room for era as in owner getting pissed at ya,calling po po or throwing you out right at harvest time,i like sucluded myself,dont bring attraction to yourself,no shit,if you get busted who done it thing right,just a old timer talking hope it helps

G

gardner

I appreciate that, thanks. Oddly enough, I'm very familiar with the gangs in la, I know the OG's from both of the major gangs in that particular neighborhood, they're my long time associates/friends haha. No worries there. The owner is a family member and he's most interested to see if I can make a profit from the unit and do it legally.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I appreciate that, thanks. Oddly enough, I'm very familiar with the gangs in la, I know the OG's from both of the major gangs in that particular neighborhood, they're my long time associates/friends haha. No worries there. The owner is a family member and he's most interested to see if I can make a profit from the unit and do it legally.
that cool bit dont trust the ogs either,when money being made extorsion comes into play,just a heads up,i stay on the low and dont let no one know my grow,lmao

G

gardner

I hear you. I'm working toward something more secluded and private just outside of the city. That is definitely the bigger goal and probably not too far off actually. Nearly no one knows about what I do in my current location, I have enough privacy/space, I just do it and stay extremely low. That's how I am anyways so it works.

Really, my family member is going "I don't want you growing in that state... come stay in one of my buildings and you can have two units.. one to live in, one to grow in." This is free for a year as well. I'm just trying to discover if I have options for swinging something legally in this situation.

So far it seems it's legal for me to grow 6 big ass plants in the unit but when it comes to selling the bud and keeping the cash.. that's grey area.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

How are small grows in California handling security? I don't see any of the required security protections for commercial grows in Cali that I see in colorado.

Top Bottom