Question about Sour Diesel Flowering time

• Thread starter yezmar420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
yezmar420

yezmar420

Hey all...I was wondering if somebody can help me figure something out. I just picked up some sour diesel clones from a local medical dispensary. They said that the flowering time is 10-12 weeks. It's supposed to be Reefermans Sour Diesel.

Is the 10-12 week flowering time based on a 12/12 photoperiod? I recall Reeferman stating that the photoperiod should be cut back to 10/14 after the 8th week to get a better finish on a sativa. Most strains I've grown in the past have always been 8-9 weeks and I always just left it at 12/12. Should I even bother switching the photoperiod to 10/14..does anybody here even do that? Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

yezmar420

yezmar420

Thanks for the info! I'm glad I don't have to mess with the timer and stuff.

What length would you opt for? I'm guessing at 10 weeks it will be a real up buzz and if I let it go longer it will become more stonier? Am I on the right track here? In the past I always like to get some amber trichs for helping me sleep and stuff. I want to set a harvest date so that I can start my flush at the right time..I like a 10-14 day flush to get all the stuff out.

N

Nutshell

Stick with 12/12. Give it 9 weeks and check it. If it seems it could go a little longer, give it another week then harvest. No need to give it anymore than 10weeks tops. Also no need for the extra long flush time, 1 week would be fine. The SD is a great plant, stinky! pungeant aroma and tangy smoke, it knocks ya out. I think its best to cut it with milky trychs, to each their own tho. goodluck

DSCF0080
DSCF0061
P

pinekreek

One thing I've noticed with the SD. Pick at 70 days it has that clear soaring up high, but doesn't last very long(1 hour?). Pick at 85 days it has a much more narcotic high and lasts 2-3 hours. Your choice. My choice-85days.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
the only seedline of sour d i've grown was rezfag's V3.....alright I guess....did have a little of the sour taste to her....but not even close to the original.

the original clone can be taken at 10 weeks.....but is best at 12 imo...........feed that bitch heavy....or she'll let ya know she isn't happy......

bf

Ecsd
Ecsd 2
yezmar420

yezmar420

One thing I've noticed with the SD. Pick at 70 days it has that clear soaring up high, but doesn't last very long(1 hour?). Pick at 85 days it has a much more narcotic high and lasts 2-3 hours. Your choice. My choice-85days.

that is what I have heard also...I think I'll take your advice and let it go as long as I can...the high at 85 days is what I prefer. I notice a lot of the sour d I buy in the dispensary fits the description of what you said at 70 days..every once in a while you get one that puts you on your ass..that is probably the longer flowering one. Thanks for the tip!

bloads

bloads

edit: NM, didn't need to ask the question, answer was already in thread, guess I missed it first read through

GroVerde

GroVerde

Quick question if anyone can help out with an answer.. i read you can pinch the tops to stunt the stretch,during flowering but does that mean the actual flower(top)
For example my pretty lady is going on 3 weeks into flower and the stretch is real

20170212 135523
Zelkova12

Zelkova12

Hey all...I was wondering if somebody can help me figure something out. I just picked up some sour diesel clones from a local medical dispensary. They said that the flowering time is 10-12 weeks. It's supposed to be Reefermans Sour Diesel.

Is the 10-12 week flowering time based on a 12/12 photoperiod? I recall Reeferman stating that the photoperiod should be cut back to 10/14 after the 8th week to get a better finish on a sativa. Most strains I've grown in the past have always been 8-9 weeks and I always just left it at 12/12. Should I even bother switching the photoperiod to 10/14..does anybody here even do that? Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. By changing the light to 10 hours helps ripen it faster is all it does

Latest posts

Top Bottom