Question About Trimming Kolas

• Thread starter TerriR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TerriR

TerriR

Hello,

I am new to growing...2nd grow, 1st outdoor. My plants are YUGE and flowering. Should I trim off all the extra leaves (see pic) so that the flowers have unobstructed air/light? Thanks for your expert advice!

Thumbnail img 2049
Strangeone

Strangeone

Hello,

I am new to growing...2nd grow, 1st outdoor. My plants are YUGE and flowering. Should I trim off all the extra leaves (see pic) so that the flowers have unobstructed air/light? Thanks for your expert advice!
I personally wouldn't, but that's just me...

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Hello,

How many days in flower??? Yes I recommend trimming some of those leaves down they do not need all of them and actually having to many fan leaves will limit bud production. I always trim and shape my plants on the day I switch them to flower and again half way through and every now and then just pluck a lil here and there to make sure the plants are getting the most light spread over canopy.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Hello,

I grow biggies outdoors. I only remove dying leaves, if any. Lots of opinions about the subject but I leave my leaves. You have nice looking buds. Good luck

TerriR

TerriR

How many days in flower??? Yes I recommend trimming some of those leaves down they do not need all of them and actually having to many fan leaves will limit bud production. I always trim and shape my plants on the day I switch them to flower and again half way through and every now and then just pluck a lil here and there to make sure the plants are getting the most light spread over canopy.
I didn't keep track of the days in flower. I am just looking at the trichomes and pistils to determine time to harvest. I only grow for myself and it is more of a hobby/dream-come-true to be able to do this now that I live in an MMJ state. I have trimmed off the lower growth...leaves and small branches, and selectively take off the big fan leaves (did that when flowers started). Just thinking it would allow more air/light on the flowers if some of the extra leafage was taken off. Maybe I can take the big ones...

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I didn't keep track of the days in flower. I am just looking at the trichomes and pistils to determine time to harvest. I only grow for myself and it is more of a hobby/dream-come-true to be able to do this now that I live in an MMJ state. I have trimmed off the lower growth...leaves and small branches, and selectively take off the big fan leaves (did that when flowers started). Just thinking it would allow more air/light on the flowers if some of the extra leafage was taken off. Maybe I can take the big ones...

Yes I would take some of those extra leaves off but u are looking good man (thumbs up) may your harvest b tasty a bountiful

Madbud

Madbud

Just my two cents as another newbie, depends on your humidity. Getting cooler at night here so i'm keeping a close eye for bud rot, anything dark underneath. I have good breezes but played around with some plants that now have "poodle cuts". Try some lemon juice in your watering can for a couple and tell me what you think ;) welcome to the club.

Top Bottom