Question About Veg Methods For Rdwc

• Thread starter Aktommy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aktommy

Aktommy

I am an experienced RDWC grower (you can see some of my work on this thread https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/started-a-cmh-grow-with-12-27-gal-sites.87264/ ).

My quesetion/problem is that I am running into consistent damping off on my plants which always happens around week 4-5 of flower in my RDWC systems. This all started when I began veging in 4 inch rockwool which I then transplant into my net pots filled with hydroton. I veg now in a top drip drain to waste instead of a small 5 gallon bucket rdwc system allowing me to veg more plants in a smaller space.

Everything works great until about week 4-5 of flower and I always loose one or two plants due to damping off, which is caused by the rockwool cubes I start the veg process with. I am considering transplanting from cloner to a 4 inch coco pot which I then will transplant into the netpot with hydroton for the remainder of the veg before dropping into the rdwc system.

Ive never had so much frustration with RDWC and its painful loosing a big beautiful plant so late into flower. The damping off kills the plant in a matter of a day with no hope of recovery once the damping off happens. I do not have the space to go back to a 12 bucket RDWC veg system and the drain to waste system works great other than the damn rockwool issue.

I am curious if any of you guys veg in other methods other than RDWC. I have played around with just pure hydroton in a recirculating top drip system but it seems like the roots dry out to much and the plants just dont look as healthy as when I use a 4 inch rockwool to get them rooted strong before putting into the net pots with hydroton.

Nugg

Nugg

This is not what your after but..how I grow in my 10 gal.8 pots rcdwc...I use 8" nets,a 2" ridge foam board,cut fo fit tight into net pot..1 inch.hole in center...one inch square rockwool pushed into the foam board... nothing else.. only reason I use net pot is to block some of bubble mist from drowning my early veg.. until roots then block...

Latest posts

Top Bottom