Question: Can a flowering plant, tell another to start flowering....

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Can an autoflower, sitting next to a photo-period, tell the photo-period plant to start flowering, (for instance, they are touching, but without changes in sunlight) and if so, has anyone documented this phenomena.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
No... not like banana ripening.
Hmm, I think I'm seeing something abnormal then, I've got 2 different "supposed" photo periods trapped between two auto-flowers in early bloom, and BOTH of them are exhibiting what looks like a psudo-flowering event of some kind.

ie. stretching, and tiny pistol growth at only SOME main inter-nodes. But I'll have to scope it, to be sure.

The supposed photo's in question are zkittles and PIN-fap, but all the other photo's appear normal.
I could be wrong, but don't think I am, pulling it out now to take pics and scope it.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
She was a beautiful plant a few days ago, now she's stretched out mess all in a few short days. AND GOT FLOWERS??? The two autos have great inter-noding and are doing fine.

I have zero clue what to think of this...

IMG 20210505 223141193
IMG 20210505 223149787
IMG 20210505 223203499
IMG 20210505 223208529
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Checked the two G13 sitting right there also, but it looks normal, and still in veg by all accounts. Are you seeing flowers up there? OR am I hallucinating.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I mean ethylene is produced near the end of flowering and that's a ripening hormone it won't cause flowering but can cause senescence. Although I highly doubt the plant produced enough to have any impact... almost 100%

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I mean ethylene is produced near the end of flowering and that's a ripening hormone it won't cause flowering but can cause senescence. Although I highly doubt the plant produced enough to have any impact... almost 100%
I agree, because the other photo-periods are all FINE. Some of them are actually thriving, and have great inter-node spacing and stem strengths, (and are NOT flowering) so it's either got to be 2 happenstance "bad beans", (from the same source) or some sort of "feely" transfer of something, or I'm just missing it.

And that other zkittles sister DIDN'T do any of that shit. She had horrible conditions, but still hung tough, that's why I grew this one....
I'm baffled.
They do looked like flowers?

This is the old zkittles, same seed as above..

Zkittles
Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree, because the other photo-periods are all FINE. Some of them are actually thriving, and have great inter-node spacing and stem strengths, (and are NOT flowering) so it's either got to be 2 happenstance "bad beans", (from the same source) or some sort of "feely" transfer of something, or I'm just missing it.

They do looked like flowers?
Preflowers... possibly it flowering but can't tell yet.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I guess seeds can just do weird things sometimes, and I'm just not accepting that fact, maybe? Like could be ANYTHING, a different pheno, or even a completely different set of expression...

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm fine with her turning, I was going to make her into auto anyhow, but that's not the point. The strechy is what is bothering me, and so should I cull it, or should I let her move along, flower, and try to sort her out by growing out some her progeny, thinking that the good stuff is somewhere in there. That's a difficult call.

I'm leaning toward cull. The last thing I need is troublemakers, and I can probably find another zkittles, if I look.
Just wanted this strain, but not looking like this. I thought she'd be as stable as anything I've got.

Freaking sativa traits are always a headache. It's always the same.
I love the smells and flavors, but they are empty vessels, as far as I'm concerned.

I like my girls obsessive compulsive, w/order in the extreme, and they are certainly not. I like things arranged in a very predictible and certain manner.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here's pics of the other plant, both are flowering, both are stretchy, but 2 completely different strains. Both sitting between 2 flowering autos (touching them) and all other photoperiods seem fine, and unaffected.

This is really strange, and I don't think I'm comprehending what's going on here. I'm not seeing the whole picture.

IMG 20210505 234522502
IMG 20210505 234552161
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Preflowers... possibly it flowering but can't tell yet.
So pre-flowers are possibly a strain dependent thing that happens with some strains, and it simply could mean very little, until I actually throw the switch on it? There's certainly a notable amount of stretching that's occurred in the last 2-3 days, no doubts about that in my mind at all.

Basically a developmental stage thing, so don't read too much into it?

Preflowers, as opposed to full blown flowers, generally appear after the fourth week of vegetative growth from seed. Check carefully above the fourth node. Please note that preflowers are very small and and almost impossible to differentiate without magnification.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom