Question for the hardcore trainers LST, Lollypoppers etc.

• Thread starter 3 balls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3 balls

3 balls

The last few crops I have been dicking around with everything from extreme LST, manifolding and everything inbetween. What I'm seeing on just about every plant is combination crap/bomb colas. I know this has something to do with a hormone or something like that but my question is how do you guys avoid this? I scanned the existing threads and couldn't find anything. Thanks

Vagician

Vagician

Auxin might be the hormone you're after. I avoid those issues by not going too wild with training, etc. 2 weeks after transplanting clones they are usually about 8"-12" tall and have ~5 or 6 good branches. I'll remove the very top growth tip (apical meristem) and this causes the other branches to be able to grow faster. The auxin in the apical meristem causes the lower branches to grow slower and to have that triangle "pine tree" shape. When you remove the apical meristem, the auxin lock is broken, and those 5 or 6 branches can bush out and will become the main branches that hold the monster colas. I remove the apical, transplant into a larger container, and flip to 12/12 all in the same day and haven't really had a problem with bud consistency. I also don't allow any leaves or flowers to grow too far from the top of the canopy, anything that is or will be lower than ~18" from the canopy top is removed. For various reasons I am also a fan of growing many smaller plants instead of a few larger plants, so keep that in mind.

Freedom 35!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Auxin might be the hormone you're after. I avoid those issues by not going too wild with training, etc. 2 weeks after transplanting clones they are usually about 8"-12" tall and have ~5 or 6 good branches. I'll remove the very top growth tip (apical meristem) and this causes the other branches to be able to grow faster. The auxin in the apical meristem causes the lower branches to grow slower and to have that triangle "pine tree" shape. When you remove the apical meristem, the auxin lock is broken, and those 5 or 6 branches can bush out and will become the main branches that hold the monster colas. I remove the apical, transplant into a larger container, and flip to 12/12 all in the same day and haven't really had a problem with bud consistency. I also don't allow any leaves or flowers to grow too far from the top of the canopy, anything that is or will be lower than ~18" from the canopy top is removed. For various reasons I am also a fan of growing many smaller plants instead of a few larger plants, so keep that in mind.

Freedom 35!
Where do you cut? Like fifth node? Do you train other branches up?

Top Bottom