Question: OG Trees in MPB's?

• Thread starter ogh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

ogh

Hey doubled's...tried to pm you but site won't let me... anyway I'll try to keep it short... I have a few OG clones that do beautifully on E&F tables, however their yield is not the greatest. I want to stick these babies in Med Patient Buckets and go vertical, but I am afraid the strain just won't yield much.

What are your experiences with OG's in these buckets? (in an ideal environment)

I am looking to use 27 gal tubs with light covering 4 sides...

Thanks in advance...

mikeross

mikeross

I think most of the OG MPBers are running kush strains in their grow... well at least a lot of them. There are a handful of members with detailed documented grow journals right here in the mpb forum.

You will yeild better then your flat garden unless you are doing a true SOG imo.

I have not finished my first run yet but expecting a 1-1.5 elbow per plant... Damn good for purple kush.

O

ogh

I think most of the OG MPBers are running kush strains in their grow... well at least a lot of them. There are a handful of members with detailed documented grow journals right here in the mpb forum.

You will yeild better then your flat garden unless you are doing a true SOG imo.

I have not finished my first run yet but expecting a 1-1.5 elbow per plant... Damn good for purple kush.

I'm looking to grow OG... not talking about "OG growers"

O

ogh

actually i did read your whole post, but the only information i got was how much you're expecting from your purple kush. That's good for you bro...

I'd like to hear experiences from MPBers who have grown low-yielding OG's in these buckets.

If there isn't substantial info, then I'll probably just say fuck it and go ahead and do it anyway and see how it goes.....

Bump.

O

ogh

Well it looks like I'm just going to go ahead and do splurge on verticals instead of 18 tables lol

mikeross

mikeross

actually i did read your whole post, but the only information i got was how much you're expecting from your purple kush. That's good for you bro...

I'd like to hear experiences from MPBers who have grown low-yielding OG's in these buckets.

If there isn't substantial info, then I'll probably just say fuck it and go ahead and do it anyway and see how it goes.....

Bump.

I'm expecting the above(1-1.5), but if you went and looked at those "handful of members with detailed documented grow journals right here in the mpb forum" you would see they are getting anywhere from 1-2 pounds per plant with OG kush strains. If you got a green thumb you can hit 2 per plant... amazing considering plant numbers. I wish you good luck in your build. I dont think you would be disappointed with these mpbs.

Sorry for not being clear to you...

18 Tables? I hope those aren't 4x8 tables in a sog? I know its none of my business but I would advise you to serious reconsider that setup brotha. That's easily a ten year min sentence anywhere in the states.

O

ogh

mikeross... I'll tell you what bro... if I have any questions about growing ultimate purple kush then I'll ask you about it... otherwise quit trying to plug your grow in my thread and in other good threads on this forum.

now I'd appreciate if anyone can actually link or or post real experiences. thx

G

GBOOST

Dude people around here aren't quick to spoon feed those that can't be bothered to research, Mike has already told you, apart from the fact that he is growing a low yielding kush himself, that there are a number of members with journals in the mpb section including the first page that are growing OG or other low yielding kush strains. You were even so lazy with your research that you posted your first thread aimed at DD who hasn't posted here for what? 6 months?

I suggest not to have a go at those who do go out of their way to bother to reply to you regardless of whether you feel they didn't EXACTLY fulfill your question, as I'm sure others will be happy to treat you with the same short fuse.

Ozzie

mikeross

mikeross

I really thought I was being clear. I honestly don't know how one could read what I wrote and not comprehend it... It amazes me actually.

So please continue with the "how much will I yield type questions" we all love those. I am sorry I interrupted The in depth discussion you and all the other members in this tread are having :damnhippie:

O

ogh

Dude people around here aren't quick to spoon feed those that can't be bothered to research, Mike has already told you, apart from the fact that he is growing a low yielding kush himself, that there are a number of members with journals in the mpb section including the first page that are growing OG or other low yielding kush strains. You were even so lazy with your research that you posted your first thread aimed at DD who hasn't posted here for what? 6 months?

I suggest not to have a go at those who do go out of their way to bother to reply to you regardless of whether you feel they didn't EXACTLY fulfill your question, as I'm sure others will be happy to treat you with the same short fuse.

Ozzie

GBoost, Im certainly not asking to be spoonfed. I've been a long time lurker and long-time grower... I HAVE done extensive research and HAVE tried doing searches... Posting stupid questions is a last resort for me and I'm sorry if I haven't been able to keep up with DD's whereabouts... my fault.

mikeross, I feel like you got my question twisted and you jumped the gun in trying to answer it...

No help.

based on what? your first grow?

Like I said, I'm just going to go ahead and do it...
Feel free to post any pics or experiences to those who have run multiple OG's in these buckets...

O

Original Grower

vscrog(vertical screen of green) is by far the most productive. due to the fact that u utilise almost 360 degrees of every bulb. with that being said any strain will increase in yield being that you are just using may light that u pay the same for with reflectors.

if u want to increase your yield, bare bulbs are the way to go, in dirt, freedom buckets or "mpbs". i know a 70 year old couple in manitoba who have grown 7 plants 8 bulbs for over 15 years, and no matter what strain is in at the time, they always are more productive vs flat gardens. checker board is the way to go hombre, strain is just subject to user, peace, og

420blazinjames

I've seen one OG grow, nugs literally everywhere! Honestly it looked like 4lbs sucks that theres no documentation or pictures, but I'm gonna do a high yielding OG my next run!!!

S

Sci-fi

Hey doubled's...tried to pm you but site won't let me... anyway I'll try to keep it short... I have a few OG clones that do beautifully on E&F tables, however their yield is not the greatest. I want to stick these babies in Med Patient Buckets and go vertical, but I am afraid the strain just won't yield much.

Thanks in advance...

I did a RDWC 4-600's and 1k vert in 30 gal trash cans, 4 og's, 7 wk veg and got about 4 #'s. I did have big problems w/ nute temp because my chiller was not big enough.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but isn't whitefire an OG? If so then OGH, take a look around bro. Not just the MPB runs, but the Vertical UC runs as well.

IMHO, vertical lighting is going to give you a better yield regardless of the strain you are running. A reflector....well it reflects and there is light loss in the reflection. Whereas vertical lighting has virtually no light loss provided your plants are spaced out properly.

420blazinjames

Wow! I currently have 1 OG in coco/pearlite on the side just to study how it responds to the system. From my experience, OG's work the best when topped as much as possible, I believe people are not topping the dawgz in this system from the posts i saw. My friend who ran OG topped the heck out of them looked like a 4 per light seriously.

A

antimatter

mikeross... I'll tell you what bro... if I have any questions about growing ultimate purple kush then I'll ask you about it... otherwise quit trying to plug your grow in my thread and in other good threads on this forum.

now I'd appreciate if anyone can actually link or or post real experiences. thx

....What do you wanna know? OG Kush/Bubba will blow up after flip and yield better then Purple Kush. You can expect they will explode in RDWC like nothing else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rISVYcyoTeg

600gph

600gph

Thanks in advance...

Low yielding og on flat garden = low yielding og in an mpb
High yielding og on flat garden = High yielding og in an mpb

If your strain is does not yield then it does not yield....

If grown in the same system (rockwool, coco or DWC) I would assume dd's g13 would yield about twice my bubba...Its all relative....

mc

mc

Latest posts

Top Bottom