Question on air pump and stones

• Thread starter Badchoice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Badchoice

Badchoice

So I have a 240gph pump 4 outlets. My last grow i split them into 2 pairs to run a 4” long and 4” disc air stone and was never really sure if that was best, I’ll be honest I don’t know much about these pumps so, if I could get any advice what could work better if what I was doing wasn’t the best””
like could I put air line stoppers on 3 outlets so all that air is forced to a single outlet? Or would that be much air for a single disc air stone? Or would like 4 single lines to 4 stones be better?

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
So I have a 240gph pump 4 outlets. My last grow i split them into 2 pairs to run a 4” long and 4” disc air stone and was never really sure if that was best, I’ll be honest I don’t know much about these pumps so, if I could get any advice what could work better if what I was doing wasn’t the best””
like could I put air line stoppers on 3 outlets so all that air is forced to a single outlet? Or would that be much air for a single disc air stone? Or would like 4 single lines to 4 stones be better?

It would help us, help you to have a full description of your setup. 240gph is fine is you are doing a single bucket, but it is really very, very difficult to answer your original question if we don't know what you are trying to run with it.

Pictures without blurpurple lights would also be helpful when requesting assistance. Colors and patterns are very important to diagnosis.

Will follow you and watch for your reply.

Happy Growing 😎 🍻 🥂

Badchoice

Badchoice

It would help us, help you to have a full description of your setup. 240gph is fine is you are doing a single bucket, but it is really very, very difficult to answer your original question if we don't know what you are trying to run with it.

Pictures without blurpurple lights would also be helpful when requesting assistance. Colors and patterns are very important to diagnosis.

Will follow you and watch for your reply.

Happy Growing 😎 🍻 🥂
Ty, and here a photo. I’m running just one 5gallon DWC in the photo I got the disc placed and the long stone just in their. So I’m curious like would it be better to run just the disc and combine all 4 lines with 2way splitters to that? Or both of them? Or does capping 3 outlets and running one air line to the disc the best way?
just not really sure what the best choice, I don’t have a photo of the air pump atm I can get that when I get home if that’s needed.

4976FD3E 93CD 4BAA 9F4B A086E1F7E097
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Ty, and here a photo. I’m running just one 5gallon DWC in the photo I got the disc placed and the long stone just in their. So I’m curious like would it be better to run just the disc and combine all 4 lines with 2way splitters to that? Or both of them? Or does capping 3 outlets and running one air line to the disc the best way?
just not really sure what the best choice, I don’t have a photo of the air pump atm I can get that when I get home if that’s needed.

Good Morning;

One bucket? then that air pump should be enough, the only question is if it is moving enough air to power both stones. "Generally" you can use a "T" air fitting to combine two lines into one, which you then connect to the air stone. I personally try and not block any air ways, that would create a single point of failure. Here the SPOF is the point at which the two lines come together. Your setup will be work especially well, later in the grow delivering air to the center of the root ball and to the outside edges of the root ball.

Happy Growing 😎 🍻

Badchoice

Badchoice

Good Morning;

One bucket? then that air pump should be enough, the only question is if it is moving enough air to power both stones. "Generally" you can use a "T" air fitting to combine two lines into one, which you then connect to the air stone. I personally try and not block any air ways, that would create a single point of failure. Here the SPOF is the point at which the two lines come together. Your setup will be work especially well, later in the grow delivering air to the center of the root ball and to the outside edges of the root ball.

Happy Growing 😎 🍻
Alright, kind of like in the photo? Thats how I had it set up on my last grow just still not sure if the the best output. The other photo is a valve closer, is a their a chance maybe using two of those to close 2 outlets and just single line to each stone? Or with these air pumps does closing outlets off not push the air to the other valves I guess this is the general break down of my question lol

A10882FC C31B 4335 992D 60F56AFC8BB7
E7DEB10C F519 49BC A115 0D59EB7637EA
Top Bottom