Question on Blue Dream...

• Thread starter MrTools9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrTools9

MrTools9

I meet with some friends last night and the topic over Stark Reality's Song Dreams Sparked up a Friendly conversation on Blue Dream ...And the last question on the subjust was ...Who Has the real thing? My qustion was is that a NorCal or Socal original....? Any info would be great...I love Strain Topics.

Camdawg

Camdawg

Here's an opinion it's mine and a few friends agree. Every cash cropper needing a sativa strain has it. Not knocking BD just seems to be everywhere.

Camdawg

Camdawg

Just want you to know that I'm not trying to be a dick. I'd like to know where it came from as well always thought it was a DJ cross or a haze crossed with a blue Berry

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Use the search bar. I can think of like ten threads on this site alone talking about the history.

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

I've had it for years, and understand why you would say that, Camdog. I have crossed many plants with it and for that reason... It's a cash cropper because people love it. Massive plant, small skinny leaves, massive and dense berry buds, tons of resin, and the best blueberry fruity pebbles taste ever. There are so many "Blue Dreams" going around now because CC released a "Blue Dream Haze".......not even close to the real thing. Much more hazy. I like CC's but the original is the perfect 50/50 high, for my likings.

I've heard from a few people over the last few years, that the BD was a DH family creation from norCal

SunGrown

SunGrown

blue dream started in santa cruz and it is haze x blueberry, the blue haze cut going around is a much smaller producer but the same quality buds.

and mtgrowncanna is spot on with the reasoning in his post

soserthc1

soserthc1

nice day time high i suppose , functional to work on without seeing a cop behind ya every 5 mins ...lol.. never grew it but i'm a fan .... looking to get my hands on some c99 to compare .... maybe the cup weekend as it will be the first time i have many sativa's to choose from but def hunting for a fast , large producer sativa without waiting 12+ weeks ...... opinion's on c99 ???

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thanks for the grower's breakdown on this strain- it was gifted to me awhile back and I have no experience with it.

Will it finish in 8-9 weeks?

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

I loved the yield, but pretty much everyone said it could have gone longer. Probably more suited to cali weather.

SunGrown

SunGrown

depending on growing style it can finish in 60 days inside, outside it likes to go into november to really be done, but I usually start cutting mine mid to late oct. Mold resistant, but indoors mites love her so watch for that.

ttystikk

ttystikk

You could take it at 9 but I used to take it at 10 or 11. I prefer more amber trichs though.

I appreciate the heads up. It is common knowledge that the intensive lighting, higher temps, higher rh and augmented CO² conditions found in sealed grow rooms all combine to push plants to finish earlier. If this was the environment, do you think I could get maturity in 9 weeks? I'm about to toss my cut of White Rhino because it won't finish in time- and 9 weeks is as much as my setup will let me wait.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I appreciate the heads up. It is common knowledge that the intensive lighting, higher temps, higher rh and augmented CO² conditions found in sealed grow rooms all combine to push plants to finish earlier. If this was the environment, do you think I could get maturity in 9 weeks? I'm about to toss my cut of White Rhino because it won't finish in time- and 9 weeks is as much as my setup will let me wait.

Yes, I'm sure you could take her at 9 weeks in a sealed environment...even a room that's not. I've run it both ways, I just prefer to let things go a bit longer for my personal high of choice.

ttystikk

ttystikk

D is right,i say 10 wks plus for the win!

I get some 10+ week strains to finish in 9 in my sealed room, but not all of them. My current favorite sativa leaning strain is one I got years ago- that was mislabeled so I know nothing about it, save that it finishes in 9 weeks in my room and that it's awesome smoke and a truly heroic yielder!

Guess I'll just have to let ya know when I've run it through once...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
blue dream started in santa cruz and it is haze x blueberry, the blue haze cut going around is a much smaller producer but the same quality buds.

and mtgrowncanna is spot on with the reasoning in his post
That is my understanding as well.
You could take it at 9 but I used to take it at 10 or 11. I prefer more amber trichs though.
Yeah, in fact I've heard from a couple of people (non-growers) who found BD to be absolutely frightening, a completely paranoid high. I'm positive that the grower didn't take it long enough, because what I've smoked has always been a very happy, up, 'bizzy' kind of high for me. Then again... I *do* smoke all day long. Think that has anything to do with it? If I ever grow her out, I'll definitely be taking her for a longer ride, no point in not doing it right.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

The bd in ny is ok, if it doesn't drop my eyes during exhale of the first or second pull then its not worth the cash but I'd grow her, just won't pay for the nuggz. I can be a snob at times. The best bud I've smoked was with a dude at san onofries, he wouldn't tell me what it was though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom