Question on Cal-Mg and PH

• Thread starter SeedyScene
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SeedyScene

SeedyScene

Supporter
i do find it odd that they want you to move a larger light, with 90 more potential watts, closer to the plant than the other. but I am certainly no expert on any of this. just a guy with a couple years experience trying to help troubleshoot :) I just might make a mistake.
**edit** the 350R is a commercial lamp and they are probably factoring in C02 implemented in the grow (if im not mistaken lets you drive the plants harder with feed and light intensity but again i can make a mistake i dont use C02). with that being said they may be giving recommendations based on that and you could reach out to HLG and ask but ive had pretty crappy luck with responses from them, takes a while sometimes and its vague.
I am just about completely ignorant of lighting. I have reached out them before and I'll see what they say about this. I appreciate your help and info..

dbrzz

dbrzz

Hello, I am a new grower and a new mbr to this forum. I am growing in coco. I have had three failed attempts with my first grow due to cal-mg deficiencies that I was unable to remedy each time. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong and I've done a lot of troubleshooting over these three attempts with no improvement. I'll list my latest grow details below, but here are my basic questions since there's a lot of mixed info out there on this:

- Most sources say that when growing in coco, in veg set the PH to btwn 5.8 - 6.0, which I have done with each grow attempt. However, when I look various PH Charts for coco/soilless, the Calcium doesn't seem available until at least the 6.0 mark. Setting the PH to 5.8 - 6.0 seems a bit on the low end. Should I continue to set PH in veg at 5.8 - 6.0?

- When flushing b/c of a nutrient issue, I have been using tap H20 (144ppm/300EC) and adding 25% nutrients to the water. I have NOT been setting PH. Should I set PH for flush water, and if so, what should it be? Should I be using 25% nutrients when flushing?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Grow Details
Medium: Coco (70% coco / 30% perlite_
Plants: fem autos, Ethos Genetics
Nutes: CANNA Coco A & B, their Rhyzo, Cannazym and Boost
Other Additives: Cal-Mg supplement (5ml/gal with every fertigation); Recharge brand microbials; Southern AG fungicide
Light: HLG 350R LED, and using T5 for 1st two weeks before switching to LED
Watering: I have been following forum member Aquaman's method for watering coco with all 3 grow attempts.
All your water used should be PH tested after all additives have been made. Tap water can have PH values in the 7.0 or higher depending on the mineral content. I use RO water in my cocogrow.

dbrzz

dbrzz

All your water used should be PH tested after all additives have been made. Tap water can have PH values in the 7.0 or higher depending on the mineral content. I use RO water in my cocogrow.
Coco ph is5.8-6.3 for optimum nute uptake

Top Bottom