Question on Cannabis butter recipe

• Thread starter xchaoticmetalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

xchaoticmetalx

I have a recipe here that says to use 1/8 to 1/4 of ground buds to a stick of butter. My question is, does anybody know if it is calling for dry/cured buds or fresh. I assume dry and cured. If this is the case, could I substitute it with fresh, and what would the conversion be? Thanx for the help anyone out there in advance. I would appreciate advise from people that have experience with this.

K

kasrx

I have about 5-6 different MMJ cookbooks- most of them are referring to dried flowers. Some say to use ground flowers, others say they can be whole...I tend to favor the ground flowers, though it makes straining the hot mix harder as the veg. material that you want to filter out are a little harder to filter due to the smaller particle size. You also could use fresh buds- but they don't grind quite as well- but overall , either tech. should make nice butter. Hope this helps.

X

xchaoticmetalx

Thanx man, I made anice batch about a week ago and it went great. Used about a 1/2 ounce dry ground up to 2 sticks butter. I made some brownies with 1/2 the butter and enjoyed them greatly. i'll be making the butter slightly stronger next time though.

A

Attis

I have a recipe here that says to use 1/8 to 1/4 of ground buds to a stick of butter. My question is, does anybody know if it is calling for dry/cured buds or fresh. I assume dry and cured. If this is the case, could I substitute it with fresh, and what would the conversion be? Thanx for the help anyone out there in advance. I would appreciate advise from people that have experience with this.

Not sure if you found your answer, but I noticed you used dry bud which is good.

Just so that you understand why it needs to be dried, the process of drying your bud or even leaf trim is necessary in order for the thca which is acidic form to convert into thc which is then psychoactive by way of oxidation. I think the technical term is called carboxylization. This needs to take place in order to maximize the effects.

Latest posts

Top Bottom