Question On My Next Grow Setup

• Thread starter Weedbro95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Hello,
I have a 3x3x6 veg tent and 2 450w led's(400 true watts) which I want to use for vegging 8 plants for 2 months.
For flowering I have a 8x8 tent and 2 2000w hps lights.
My question is what pot size do I need for the two months veg and for the flowering? I was thinking 2 gallons veg and 8 gallons flowering but I just want to make sure this is a good idea.
Thank you for any help.

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

Why not just just put them straight into the largest size? Then you dont have to worry about mucking around with transplanting and transplant shock. If you can fit them in veg tent anyway.

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Why not just just put them straight into the largest size? Then you dont have to worry about mucking around with transplanting and transplant shock. If you can fit them in veg tent anyway.
Yeah Im not sure theyd all fit in the veg tent because its only a 3x3x6.

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

I’m a noob, so bearing that in mind, but 8 gal pots seems overkill. Would think 5 gal are plenty sufficient. Can’t remember who, but someone posted 4’ plants with containers not much bigger than solo cups

Dan789

Dan789

I’m a noob, so bearing that in mind, but 8 gal pots seems overkill. Would think 5 gal are plenty sufficient. Can’t remember who, but someone posted 4’ plants with containers not much bigger than solo cups
Five gallon bags are generally considered good, more roots, more on top.

S

SnowshoeJoe

I recommend 5-gallon cloth pots. I've got 18 plants in 5-gallon cloth pots in a 9 by 5 tent. I don't veg as long as you do so my plans don't get as big .I top and super crop to keep my plants shorter and bushier.

Balanque

Balanque

Depends on what you're growing in and what kind of pot you're using. You can grow larger plants in smaller pots with Air pruning. Why 800w of Led in a 3x3 for veg though.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Ya you could just run 1 led fixture for veg most likely. Unless you got dimmers.
Is there really such a thing as 2000 watt hps lamp?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hello,
I have a 3x3x6 veg tent and 2 450w led's(400 true watts) which I want to use for vegging 8 plants for 2 months.
For flowering I have a 8x8 tent and 2 2000w hps lights.
My question is what pot size do I need for the two months veg and for the flowering? I was thinking 2 gallons veg and 8 gallons flowering but I just want to make sure this is a good idea.
Thank you for any help.

Depends on your media for pot size. If using promix or any peat based soiless mix I think those pot sizes are close to ideal honestly, but start in something smaller like a solo cup or 2x2 nursery por for a couple weeks or so first. I use 2x2" for a couple weeks then 1 gallon in preveg for about 3wks-month, then transplant to 7 gallon pots, veg 2-3 more weeks and then flower.

I grow in pretty similar dimensions as you too, If you want to check out my grow diary it might give you ideas.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/this-be-how-dirbag-do.102571/

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Lol I meant two 1000w hps lights. I mean these led’s are only 400 true watts and isn’t more light the better?

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Depends on your media for pot size. If using promix or any peat based soiless mix I think those pot sizes are close to ideal honestly, but start in something smaller like a solo cup or 2x2 nursery por for a couple weeks or so first. I use 2x2" for a couple weeks then 1 gallon in preveg for about 3wks-month, then transplant to 7 gallon pots, veg 2-3 more weeks and then flower.

I grow in pretty similar dimensions as you too, If you want to check out my grow diary it might give you ideas.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/this-be-how-dirbag-do.102571/
Thanks ill check it out. And I’m growing in fox farms soil.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol I meant two 1000w hps lights. I mean these led’s are only 400 true watts and isn’t more light the better?
Not If it causes your plants to overgrow the space it's not, no. Under that much light for that long of a veg, the plants are gonna be pretty large.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Too much light is a real thing. A rule of thumb for hps is 40-50 watts per square foot max. (3x3=9, 400/9= 44 wpsf) a little overkill for led. Your plants will repond better to less light once you exceed what they can handle (rank amounts c02 help them handle more)

Latest posts

Top Bottom