Question on same strain names and different breeders

• Thread starter Madbudder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbudder

Madbudder

Hey guys,

Not sure if there was a subject and I didn’t see it but after looking into breeding and crosses it leads me to question.
When breeders have the exact same strain name, have they followed the exact same genetic blueprint as other growers?

So if they took Landrace X and Y, then additionally took a different set of Landrace X and Y and then created a hybridization of those land races that weed would essentially be called the same name by different breeders?

Breeding is a whole other dimension of cannabis with a crazy amount of info. Can anyone also suggest of a web page or forum that covers everything from breeding and land races? At some point I would like to make my own strains as I plan on doing this for years to come.
Look forward to chatting with you guys I. The topic!

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Most likely not. Now days its all hybrids very rarely the breeder has a original landrace. But its all he say she say names and pictures. The object is to get a strain appealing to you. Perfect the grow and cross it to make your own strain.

growsince79

growsince79

Nowadays, names don't mean much. Everyone has their own version - some are nothing alike.

Madbudder

Madbudder

Damn, so a g13 from two different breeders could be essentially a mix of different plants? So it’s all marketing then?

How do you know what terp profiles will show and thc content? So at the end when growing you really have no idea what your getting unless you smoked their brand before?

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Oh you wont have a clue about any of that unless getting it tested in a lab. Which is common now. The breeder may have test results of the thc % and terp profile. I dont believe anything unless i see paperwork.

Top Bottom