• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

First time mixing soil, I bought this
Screenshot_20190831-171028_Chrome.jpg

when I opened it the consistency was like mud

Not having used compost before I don't know if mud is composts correct consistency?

Hoping somebody can answer, & I mean wet like you could squeeze some water out of it mud
-thanks in advance

Question on store bought compost 2

Last edited:
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

First time mixing soil, I bought this
View attachment 892253

when I opened it the consistency was like mud

Not having used compost before I don't know if mud is composts correct consistency?

Hoping somebody can answer, & I mean wet like you could squeeze some water out of it mud
-thanks in advance

View attachment 892258
That sucks. I make my own, never purchased. Open it up and allow to dry for a bit. FK miracle grow!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That sucks. I make my own, never purchased. Open it up and allow to dry for a bit. FK miracle grow!
I know but it was all they had in compost except the Black Cow. I have it open now

I'm guessing it's so wet because it rained the night before? I tried to get one from underneath the rack but it didn't help I guess :/

So should be fine to use when it dries out right? @PlumberSoCal

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

🤣 😆🤣😆 👍

.. no wonder the frigging thing was so heavy! LOL
stick with black cow,i bought a bag of that in the spring,same thing just mush,tried the mels mix which contain 5 difrent compost,might go to lowes and try there mushroom compost good stuff.
only rain i get is from a water hose and the bag of really good was same way,mush and heavy loaded with sand,smell was okay,buy it again ,no

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I had a bag of soil like this recently I put a fan on it overnight I'm going to do the same thing with this
stick with black cow,i bought a bag of that in the spring,same thing just mush,tried the mels mix which contain 5 difrent compost,might go to lowes and try there mushroom compost good stuff.
only rain i get is from a water hose and the bag of really good was same way,mush and heavy loaded with sand,smell was okay,buy it again ,no
Thanks for the info actually I saw the mushroom stuff and I thought about it but I thought this would be the safest choice?

so I guess the mush consistency is okay? Should I should dry it out a bit?

Also I thought the Black Cow might smell indoors?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I had a bag of soil like this recently I put a fan on it overnight I'm going to do the same thing with this

Thanks for the info actually I saw the mushroom stuff and I thought about it but I thought this would be the safest choice?

so I guess the mush consistency is okay? Should I should dry it out a bit?

Also I thought the Black Cow might smell indoors?
it does ,only when you feed ,filter will take care of it just as it does the buds,hey what the matter with smell of cow shit hahaahh was a mechanic for years,trucker told me one time ,they passed a bill were they cant clean out the trailers at the stock yards,so i had to get in the bitch ankle deep in shit,fixed the lights and when i got done trucker handed me 50 and said thank you friend ,been to 3 truck stops and no one would touch the job,told him im country and love the smell of cow shit and beside that that smell is the smell of money hahahh handed his 50 back and said friend this is my job,i feed to boys and a wife wouldnt feel right taking your money,already paying shop cost,he asked me were i came from told him school of hard knocks hahahah

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

it does ,only when you feed ,filter will take care of it just as it does the buds,hey what the matter with smell of cow shit hahaahh was a mechanic for years,trucker told me one time ,they passed a bill were they cant clean out the trailers at the stock yards,so i had to get in the bitch ankle deep in shit,fixed the lights and when i got done trucker handed me 50 and said thank you friend ,been to 3 truck stops and no one would touch the job,told him im country and love the smell of cow shit and beside that that smell is the smell of money hahahh handed his 50 back and said friend this is my job,i feed to boys and a wife wouldnt feel right taking your money,already paying shop cost,he asked me were i came from told him school of hard knocks hahahah
Oh thanks for telling me that! ..no I think the cow shit will stay in the yard, lol And I'm inclined to toss this Miracle-Gro crap out in the tonates too?

Already sprayed bleach where I had it and mopped my whole floor and I'm sorry I ever brought it in!

Now that I'm looking at this promix there's a good chance that I might go pro mix and perlite and totally stop the soil, wouldn't be much of a stretch I have a hydro background from the last century so I figure I can pick it up again, I'm going to try just one plant for starts in the pro mix to see how it goes

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Oh thanks for telling me that! ..no I think the cow shit will stay in the yard, lol And I'm inclined to toss this Miracle-Gro crap out in the tonates too?

Already sprayed bleach where I had it and mopped my whole floor and I'm sorry I ever brought it in!

Now that I'm looking at this promix there's a good chance that I might go pro mix and perlite and totally stop the soil, wouldn't be much of a stretch I have a hydro background from the last century so I figure I can pick it up again, I'm going to try just one plant for starts in the pro mix to see how it goes
hey pro mix isnt bad at all ,me i didnt like it in 5 gal buckets,doesnt mean the stuff is bad,same thing as peatmoss with a few goodies added,think i just dont have time for them but need them for pain ,dig,i only ran it one time,every 2 days i was feeding them,too much work on a old soul hahahahh

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I know but it was all they had in compost except the Black Cow. I have it open now

I'm guessing it's so wet because it rained the night before? I tried to get one from underneath the rack but it didn't help I guess :/

So should be fine to use when it dries out right? @PlumberSoCal
I would think, as long as it doesn't have any MG ferts added.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I would think, as long as it doesn't have any MG ferts added.
It's not supposed to have any but those bastards at Miracle Grow I don't know I kind of think they're slipping that crap and everything if I'm honest!? :/

Top Bottom