Question on stretching of some OG plants

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

My 4x2 grow is coming along really well., borderline too well lol. I am only growing 3 plants in that tent this go round;
1 OG Kush, 1 Fire OG and 1 Skywalker OG. I flipped the lights on 11/17 and they are in flower. I only have about 22" left from current canopy to the lights. I have always managed to keep my indicas/indica dominant plants fairly low growing, but these plants are growing exponentially daily it seems. I prefer keeping them in this tent as I have CO2 bag, 600 total watts, my A.C in that room and growing conditions are ideal. Should I keep them here and if so what would be best course of action. I have my 3x3 that is much taller, but only has 300 watts (AC Infinity). I will attach videos and pictures of both grows and tents and willing to take any suggestions. Would rather make changes now if needed, but without causing any downfalls to my plants.
Hope everyone had a killer Thanksgiving and Happy Growing

Question on stretching of some og plants
Question on stretching of some og plants 2
Question on stretching of some og plants 3
Question on stretching of some og plants 4
Question on stretching of some og plants 5
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hey VB - happy thanksgiving to you too.

So 11 days into flower now and stretching fast huh? Looks to me like that net you have there isn't doing much, maybe you can do some lst and weave the branches into the net to create a maxx height? Probably shouldn't do too much HST like topping at this point - so gotta figure a way to ride this out. I think you can make it work.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

That was my thoughts. My Scrog was set as guide at first and I lost it in the midst of foliage prior to some serious lolipopping lol. Im gonna try and work on it now and see what i can do. I went away for 5 days and came back to a tent being over by plants from the Little Shop of Horror lol. Time to get to work

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

i can hear my plants now screaming and sunging "Feed Me Morris...Feed Me"

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hey VB - happy thanksgiving to you too.

So 11 days into flower now and stretching fast huh? Looks to me like that net you have there isn't doing much, maybe you can do some lst and weave the branches into the net to create a maxx height? Probably shouldn't do too much HST like topping at this point - so gotta figure a way to ride this out. I think you can make it work.
But HST like super-cropping can still work very well.

OG Kush has a tendency to be a large plant. Fire OG has OG Kush parentage and so does Skywalker Kush. These plants can grow quite large. It's in their genetics. I've grown Skywalker Kush and it was a bit over 5' tall from the floor to the top of the plant ... I also tie my plants down so the main stem kind of corkscrews so without training through out it would have been even taller. It's in their genetics but with training, you can make them fit your space.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I love the corkscrew method but I made a POOR ASSUMPTION thinking they were gonna stay short being as indica as they are. Oddly my ones in my 3x3 with no Scrog arent stretching and are 2 weeks further into flower. Could it be the less wattage in that tent?
Would it be worth swapping tents but taking the hit in wattage?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Sometimes less is more. It's hard to say without knowing what your actual ppfd readings are. I'm running a couple of "Chem Dog" fems from Greenhouse seeds. Parentage for these are OG Kush and Sour diesel. For me, when I see "OG Kush" parentage, I think the potential is there for it to be quite large. You can take a peek at my current run if you want to see what kind of things I do to control space.

You'll find it here: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/g...2023-grow-diary-kanzeons-kaleidoscope.143609/

Last edited:
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

But HST like super-cropping can still work very well.

OG Kush has a tendency to be a large plant. Fire OG has OG Kush parentage and so does Skywalker Kush. These plants can grow quite large. It's in their genetics. I've grown Skywalker Kush and it was a bit over 5' tall from the floor to the top of the plant ... I also tie my plants down so the main stem kind of corkscrews so without training through out it would have been even taller. It's in their genetics but with training, you can make them fit your space.
do you think og kush autos will be tall ?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

do you think og kush autos will be tall ?
Probably not as tall as a photoperiod. With photoperiod plants, you do have control over the final size of the plant through several methods. Most people top it seems. Others flip to 12/12 while they are young. I tie mine up to get it first to bush and then I tie down lateral branches to get it to spread out. I start the process when they are about a foot tall. I'm also not in a rush so I don't flip to 12/12 until the plant is looking like I want it to.

With autoflowers, there's a genetic time clock built in and I'm not sure how they would respond to bondage and super-cropping. I have yet to grow an auto flower so I don't have experience with them.

P.S. Check the breeder's website. They should be able to give you a good idea of your final plant size. It's probably in the description details.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

This is really good info. I made a poor assumption thinking they would stay small on the indica side. Boy was I wrong. I let them veg much longer by 2 weeks also, then I normally would have in that tent. I just put a second ner in it and am going to slowly work with it. All I know is that they are loving the super soil i made for them, the added CO2 and the cooler temps then ive previously had. Ill have to keep this post updated for sure. Thanks for all the good info

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Probably not as tall as a photoperiod. With photoperiod plants, you do have control over the final size of the plant through several methods. Most people top it seems. Others flip to 12/12 while they are young. I tie mine up to get it first to bush and then I tie down lateral branches to get it to spread out. I start the process when they are about a foot tall. I'm also not in a rush so I don't flip to 12/12 until the plant is looking like I want it to.

With autoflowers, there's a genetic time clock built in and I'm not sure how they would respond to bondage and super-cropping. I have yet to grow an auto flower so I don't have experience with them.

P.S. Check the breeder's website. They should be able to give you a good idea of your final plant size. It's probably in the description details.
ok thanks i got them from someone on here so no info like that

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Sometimes less is more. It's hard to say without knowing what your actual ppfd readings are. I'm running a couple of "Chem Dog" fems from Greenhouse seeds. Parentage for these are OG Kush and Sour diesel. For me, when I see "OG Kush" parentage, I think the potential is there for it to be quite large. You can take a peek at my current run if you want to see what kind of things I do to control space.

You'll find it here: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/g...2023-grow-diary-kanzeons-kaleidoscope.143609/
This might explain why my Chemdog is 2-3x the size of my other plants started the same day. I know genetics and strain play a role too but this Chemdog i have is quite large, very fat/big leaves too.

Top Bottom