Question on UC Plugging

• Thread starter Luke Harrison
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Luke Harrison

Luke Harrison

Hey farmers I have looked at all the UC posts and did a search but can't find any info on roots plugging My lines. Every cycle about 4 weeks into flower the pumps start surging and sure enough I have a 2" line almost plugged with roots. So I locate it and lift the plant out and clear the blockage which is very hard to do with a 7 foot plant! I have tried putting 90's on the ends and turned them close to the side of the buckets which has helped but not cured the problem. Anyone have so in site or tricks it would be great. Thnx Puff Puff Pass:passingjoint:

hiboy

hiboy

though not a uc grower, ive read alot, i believe its ok to cut some roots out, not a lot but do what you got to do.
hiboy

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Pump could have to much flow pulling them that way. you might be growing to big a plant for 2 inch pipes 7ft plants I would use 3 inch that would fix your problem.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Most of the guys who have that issue just trim the roots from what I have read. I can't get at mine with the trellis on top no where for me to lift the plant up. I am building a UC with 4 inch pipe in 30 gal pods to resolve the issue, it will be online next week, watch for pics.

St3ve

St3ve

I always just reach in and pull them out, then wrap them around to the front of the bucket. But I have 4-5' plants and 3" pipes so I dunno..

Luke Harrison

Luke Harrison

Thnx everyone I don't know if bigger pipe will solve the problem but I will follow your post to see woodsmaneh.

G

googolplexs

The way things are going, I have not seen the 4" Uniseals, way things are going it seems like your going to be using a big trough sooner or later, rather than seperate containers.
I would try and maybe grow smaller plants on less time or make sure you have axcess port to wack off your roots. Those big commerical growers use those big ponds, like a lake. Now there ya go a small lake, a giant green house, Oh yea and those tripayas fish poopin in the water.
Now that's the ticket make weed and food at the same time, and no worry of clog in the pipes.

Don't forget the very large air pump, the plants and fishes will both need it.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

The 3" pvc will help, but not as much as the 13 gal module that comes with it, affording more room for root growth.

Veg less if you're in the 8 gal's IMO. 2-3 veg is max in the 8 if you ask me......4-6 in the 13's.....longer than that you best get the 35's for those trees.

If all else fails, try slowing the flow with the valve on the manifold so it's not as much of an issue

Top Bottom