Question re: number of tops

• Thread starter Gurtgurt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

I'm about to start week 5 flower, of likely 11 week cycle. I'm not very good at planning and was maybe hoping for more branches and taller plants. Here's where we are:
PXL_20220326_191938189.MP.jpg

This is after my attempt at defoliation a few days before flower and again in week 3. Only one of 4 plants stretched vertically; the others, like that one, barely any. This plant is being held down for LST.

That plants probably the most crowded but imagine the others are similar. I got a bunch of little stuff being crowded by a ton of little leaves.

I've lollipopped pretty well; there is nothing at the base but still some little buds growing under canopy. I worry that this number of tops will cause all of them to be tiny. I have good air flow in tent and have not had a problem with mold or moisture among leaves.

I doubt they'll get much taller. My question is:
Should I remove some of these tops at the stalk, or let them ride?
Pull foliage from the colas, when even the biggest leaves are small?
When should I do this? I thought of a week 3 and 6 defol, but should I prune these early to limit wasted growth?
Will they grow taller of I feed them Wheaties® in the morning?

growsince79

growsince79

I'm about to start week 5 flower, of likely 11 week cycle. I'm not very good at planning and was maybe hoping for more branches and taller plants. Here's where we are:
View attachment 1229821

This is after my attempt at defoliation a few days before flower and again in week 3. Only one of 4 plants stretched vertically; the others, like that one, barely any. This plant is being held down for LST.

That plants probably the most crowded but imagine the others are similar. I got a bunch of little stuff being crowded by a ton of little leaves.

I've lollipopped pretty well; there is nothing at the base but still some little buds growing under canopy. I worry that this number of tops will cause all of them to be tiny. I have good air flow in tent and have not had a problem with mold or moisture among leaves.

I doubt they'll get much taller. My question is:
Should I remove some of these tops at the stalk, or let them ride?
Pull foliage from the colas, when if the biggest leaves are small?
When should I do this? I thought of a week 3 and 6 defol, but should I prune these early to limit wasted growth?
Will they grow taller of I feed them Wheaties® in the morning?
I'd let em go now. The time to remove them was a few weeks ago.

Top Bottom